FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » grad school application thread 2012 (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: grad school application thread 2012
Strider
Member # 1807

- posted      Profile for Strider   Email Strider         Edit/Delete Post 
While waiting to hear back from UW-Madision, both Kansas and Cincinnati have offered me more money. Go figure. (I know, this isn't a bad problem to have)

How'd the trip go BlackBlade?

[ April 09, 2013, 09:04 PM: Message edited by: Strider ]

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Really awesome.

I am forgoing semester abroad and attempting to switch to the MBA program as I think it will round me out better. The faculty I spoke to indicated that semester abroad wouldn't advance my degree and that the exam to test out of Chinese isn't very difficult.

If they don't permit the transfer, I will proceed to get my MA in Global Affairs and Management. Then hopefully line up a job by graduation, if not I will take the accelerated MBA which can be done in two trimesters.

Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

I am thrilled to report that I've been accepted to UW-Madison. I don't know whether I'm more excited or just relieved, but either way, this is great news.

I certainly did not expect that Wisconsin would become my home for the next (hopefully only) five years, but life is like that.

Time to dig out all my winter clothes (I've been living in El Paso, TX for the last two years).

Posts: 8741 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BlackBlade
Member # 8376

- posted      Profile for BlackBlade   Email BlackBlade         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations! One of my good friends went to UW-Madison, she loved it.
Posts: 14316 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

At some point the Wisconsin group will have to do something. [Smile] I still have yet to meet up with Tom and the gang and I've been here over a year and a half. You coming to Wisconsin just seals it. [Smile]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Fantastic! Congratulations!
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Thanks guys!

Hobbes, I totally forgot there was a Wisconsin Hatrack contingent. A get together would be awesome!

I also just realized today that I have two really close friends in Chicago, who will now be only a few hours away. Or, today I realized just how close they'll be, not that they live in Chicago. [Smile]

BlackBlade
Member # 8376

My request for transfer to the MBA program was approved. [Smile]

Now I just need to find out what boot camps I will need to take to get ready for Fall semester. I'm very excited though.

Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations!

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Strider
Member # 1807

Congrats BB!
Itsame
Member # 9712

- posted      Profile for Itsame           Edit/Delete Post 
Wunderbar!
Posts: 2705 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.