FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Legend of Korra: Book Three (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: Legend of Korra: Book Three
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the endrun of season one and pretty much all of season two dropped viewership to like a quarter of Korra's launch
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

- posted      Profile for Marek   Email Marek         Edit/Delete Post 
So the truth seer is the inside man, right?
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

I am really liking this season more than season 2, and the last couple episodes of season 1, too bad those ones cut the fan base down so much.
Posts: 2332 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AchillesHeel
Member # 11736

- posted      Profile for AchillesHeel   Email AchillesHeel         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched the finale.

This show was never meant for kids, was it?

Posts: 2302 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
**Spoiler**

What gives you that impression? I think kids can totally get behind regicide. Look at Lion King! [/Sorta Sarcasm]

I really enjoyed this season. Thought the finale was wonderful.

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

The finale was pretty cool, the final battle was a bit too much like Aang v. Ozai at times, but it was pretty good for a season ender. if it turns out to be the end of the show all together tho, then its going to be A let down.
Samprimary
Member # 8561

- posted      Profile for Samprimary   Email Samprimary         Edit/Delete Post 
zero percent chance that this is the end of the show
Posts: 15421 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
zero percent chance that this is the end of the show

Great! I still worry a little based on ratings issues.

They also seem to sort of be ignoring that the Earth kingdom is now in chaos, also is it the whole earth kingdom, or just ba sing se? because in the first season, Ba Sing Se seemed to have little influence on the rest of the kingdom.

Samprimary
Member # 8561

i worried too but nickelodeon went all in on producing this season and the next season all at once. so even if they think that the series is a total wash, they'd air the last season to recoup some costs

that said I am just astounded at how weird nick has been with the scheduling. is the network just descending into some post glory days incompetence or what's the deal with it?

manji
Member # 11600

- posted      Profile for manji           Edit/Delete Post 
Bryan Konietzko and Michael Dante DiMartino talk about the scheduling stuff a little bit on the Nerdist Writers Panel podcast. Summary: it's not really due to low ratings or to content being too mature for a kids' show. There's some other network stuff going on that they can't talk about.
Posts: 339 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if that's all.
Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Samprimary
Member # 8561

quote:
Originally posted by Samprimary:
is this the good season

yup
Raymond Arnold
Member # 11712

- posted      Profile for Raymond Arnold   Email Raymond Arnold         Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched it. Wow.

-

*spoilers*

-

So much to love:

- actual consequences. Seeing how broken Korra was afterwards was really intense
- I loved the setup for Zahir (sp?) gaining flight (foreshadowed way back in earlier episodes, and then in the last episode(s) they remind us how much he cares about Combustion lady.... and then losing her is what results in him completely detaching from the world, gaining ultimate freedom
- (and then, seeing him become chained at the end, reminding me that he began the season in a literal prison. Really nice symmetry)
- Loved that Korra got to legitimately kick ass, but ultimately the battle was won by a large group of people working intelligently together

Posts: 4136 | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
T_Smith
Member # 3734

- posted      Profile for T_Smith   Email T_Smith         Edit/Delete Post 
http://io9.com/surprise-legend-of-korras-final-season-debuts-in-less-1633281553

Book 4, Oct 3rd. Surprise!

Posts: 9754 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

Wow, they really want to be done with Avatar.
manji
Member # 11600

- posted      Profile for manji           Edit/Delete Post 
Book 4 trailer:

http://youtu.be/NCEFMY4TWGw

Posts: 339 | Registered: Apr 2008  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

looks like they are finishing strong
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.

So...so much going on there.

The jump, the characters, the (obvious) bad guy, the long missed characters returning, the bigger scale.

It looks like Bolin has moved to the Metal City, possible because he married Opal? She's also in there.

Man there's just so much going on. Really excited and glad we don't have to wait.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Marek
Member # 5404

So it looks like Mako will be defending the Earth King agains Bolin, and Opal will be fighting her brother whose name i missed.
Marek
Member # 5404

I'm stoked they brought back Toph, so she gets to train another avatar it looks like
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.