FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Brain stagnation, please post mental puzzle games here (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Brain stagnation, please post mental puzzle games here
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
I got K!!! All on my own too...

It is the beginning of a word, not the end.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
I just got "L"!!

I was searching for clues by browsing, and suddenly realized I was staring right at it!

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Site like
THIS ONE

help give me ideas -- and also gave me the 'S'

FG

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well I haven't gotten the L but I got the B from that page!

or rather one of the red cross corporate sponsor pages... I'm not sure if it is the exact one.

AJ

[ December 23, 2003, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Letters I'm still missing

A, E, F, I, L, M, N, O

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

yeah -- I had already got B -- actually figured that one out last night, but forgot to enter it back in today..

The 'A' is strange -- there are several companies that have a similiar letter -- Samsung and Kia for two -- but it doesn't like any of the ones I try that have that font.

Farmgirl
I have left to figure out: A, E, F, i, K, M, N, O(which looks like a toilet seat to me), R and U

BannaOj
Member # 3206

This might help you out with the R
http://www.redcross.org/sponsors/donor_ret.html

GIve me the exact page with the l?

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

O looks like an egg or dairy product to me.

Aj

BannaOj
Member # 3206

K*hint*

for K think fast food

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I'd also swear I've seen N on the side of an airplane but I can't remember which airline.

AJ

Toph*
Member # 4356

- posted      Profile for Toph*   Email Toph*         Edit/Delete Post 
For everyone that hated word problems he is a visual brain teaser

http://www.nostalgija.com/zabava/bizare.gif

Posts: 5 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
GIve me the exact page with the l?

There's no way I can do that without giving it entirely away! [Big Grin]

Just think -- Kayla was the "master" of this skill, we always said. I already had a HINT in my post about finding it -- that's why that word is in italics....

Thanks for the other hints -- it always seems so obvious once I realize what it was!

Farmgirl

BannaOj
Member # 3206

So you got the U?

argh cant spell!

[ December 23, 2003, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Went to lunch, and when I came back to my desk, I looked at your "U" hint again, and I just immediately understood it! Isn't it weird how the brain works that way? Something that was totally opaque to me before suddenly is crystal clear.

FG

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

AJ

for the E - think "jewelry"

all I have left now is A, F, i, M, N, O

And some guy here at work has all the answers (I swear he paid for them, but he says he didn't) and he is wanting to tell me the answers. I don't want him to -- hints are okay -- but he won't do just hints..

Farmgirl

Risuena
Member # 2924

- posted      Profile for Risuena   Email Risuena         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I've gotten most of them by mooching off your conversation, so I'll help out with some hints.

A - Kia is the right idea, wrong company

i - you've probably got something on your desk made by this company, but it's probably not in the same color scheme

N - It is quite an endeavor to discover the answer to this challenge.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Good clues, Risuena

But I had already given in and asked the guy here who solved it, my last four that I couldn't get.

The one for "A" -- after learning it, I went to their website, but didn't see any time the 'A' was like that in the logo...

Yeah - N was cool. I should have got that.

I would never have, no matter what, ever guessed M on my own. But I don't do alcohol -- so maybe that is why I never heard of that company.

FG

Risuena
Member # 2924

M and N were the ones that frustrated me the most because I should have gotten them easily. I love M, and I've got some sitting in my fridge at home. And with N, my Dad's worked on many projects for them and my family has a long obsession with anything related to it.

I found A's logo at google images, once I had an idea of what I was looking for.

Posts: 959 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

ack, I had the S yesterday and now I cant remember!

Hint please?

AJ

[ December 24, 2003, 12:01 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Sony
BannaOj
Member # 3206

grumble, stupid anesthesia. It must have affected my short term memory. That S was the last one I got before leaving work to have 4 warts removed from my foot. They knocked me out cause the warts were so deep.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I thought the M had to be orange juice, but I've tried Country Time and Minute Maid.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

and your N clue made instant sense!!!

AJ

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Check out what I said above about 'M' -- I would never had got it because I've never heard it, because it involves alcohol...

FG

[ December 24, 2003, 01:05 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

AJ,

If you get frustrated and want to get them all figured out before end of day, just send me an e-mail to the address listed in my profile, and I'll let you know the answers to the last of them.

FG

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well we don't keep our alchol in our fridge for the most part. I'm going to give it to Steve before I give up, I think. He may recognize a few. If not I'll definitely e-mail!

AJ

Risuena
Member # 2924

Well, if it helps, it's a product that's made in the Boston area and very much associated with Boston.

Do you need/want clues for any of the others?

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Well, I went to the website of "M" and it doesn't show the brown background -- it shows it on BLUE background (and it is the middle of the word)

FG

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Got E and M from the helpful hints. For E I kept thinking "mall" but there is no way I'm going there in the next couple of days with the chaos!

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Well lets go for hints on F, I and O since I already have hints for the others.

[Big Grin] Actually I've had just as much fun composing the hints as i have had trying to figure out the letters!

AJ

Risuena
Member # 2924

I know - I've really enjoyed the hints too... I'm sadly proud of the one I gave for N.

But these are the harder ones...

f - they have ridges
i - you always need to have one of their products when taking a test
o - where you go when you need to plaster the neighborhood with flyers

Hope these help

[ December 24, 2003, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Risuena ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Got F and O still working on the rest <grin>

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Got I, though in engineering we did most of our tests in pencil!

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

All right hints for A and L?

A is some sort of auto maker, could you give me a geography? I've tried Honda, Kia and Hyundai.

L I'm still clueless and cant find it on that page farmgirl gave me.

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

You know the M might have come from capture on the TV commercial where they hold up a pint full of beer with the logo on the glass.

AJ

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

quote:
A is some sort of auto maker, could you give me a geography? I've tried Honda, Kia and Hyundai.

I think their plant is in Tennesse (or was). Wholly owned subsidiary of General Motors...

I can't give you a webpage to help with 'L', because the name of it IS the page...

FG

BannaOj
Member # 3206

well I've got everything but that stupid L!

I'll have to look for charities with L in their name.

AJ

Farmgirl
Member # 5567

No, don't look at charities..

SEARCH for it on the web, and maybe it will appear on your search page!

FG

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.