FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » dkw's Pre-Wedding Henna Party -- Packing tip at the end. :) (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: dkw's Pre-Wedding Henna Party -- Packing tip at the end. :)
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin]

Okay, I was going to send directions out to everyone last night, but I got sidetracked. I promise I'll do it slightly after noon when I'm avoiding my monthly staff meeting. [Smile]

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ghost of dkw
Member # 4046

- posted      Profile for ghost of dkw   Email ghost of dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
So . . . we're driving up to MN tonight. And we have to stop at the Harry & David's outlet in Medford to replace the jar of Hot&Smokey pepper relish that was the only thing that broke when Bob dropped the large bag of stuff that we also bought on our trip in December while we were at Harry & David's specifically to buy Hot&Smokey pepper relish.

And I think I'm only a few punches away from free truffles on my Harry & David's card.

So does anybody need anything? Moose Munch? Pears? Frozen Brie in Puff Pastry?

Posts: 40 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lady Jane
Member # 7249

- posted      Profile for Lady Jane   Email Lady Jane         Edit/Delete Post 
*brightens* Ticket?
Posts: 1163 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
Love. I need the love.

Where is the love?

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

We have made no food plans really... I did pick up some turkish delight and baklava for Saturday, to keep the theme going. Whatcha think?

Oh! And what about beverages? I have lemon ginger soda... think I'll need to go shopping tomorrow morning. (I took the whole day off work.)

Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I've given this a lot of thought, and I've decided that I really can't afford to take a day off work right now. I'm still learning my new position, and still trying to get caught up in everything that's overdue, and the thought of taking a day off to get even MORE behind just terrifies me.

Also, my mental state right now is very much like it was right before KamaCon -- I'm EXHAUSTED. And I didn't have much fun at KamaCon because I was so exhausted, and couldn't even focus on anything because of it. I spent large parts of that weekend either sleeping or staring blankly into space. So what I really need right now is to sleep.

So unforunately I won't be able to make it. [Frown] I'm really bummed, because I was looking forward to this and to seeing everyone again. [Frown] I wish we were a bit closer, distance-wise, because I would so come if I could just drop by for a few hours, or even come overnight. It's the two nights plus taking off of work I can't do.

BUT! Vána has my phone number, so you're all free to call me at sometime. I'll actually answer the phone this weekend. [Smile] I'll be out of the house on Saturday morning from about 9:30 to 1:00, but otherwise I'm free. Also, I have a henna kit at home, and I intend to do some henna on my own and post pictures.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Ooooh... [Frown]

I understand, xnera, but you'll be missed.

Does that leave Vana driving alone? Is this going to be a problem, Vana?

Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
[Cry] Nooooo.... Why, X-ey, why??

Is it because you don't love me...?

Edit: Hmm... I forgot to post that I was joking.

I'll miss you X-ey, but I don't want you to get behind on work. [Frown] But I'll still miss you. [Frown]

[ February 17, 2005, 05:44 PM: Message edited by: Ryuko ]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

xnera, I'll miss you. I'm glad you are taking good care of yourself, though -- that's cool. [Smile]

Vana, we might be able to squeeze 3 of us with our luggages into my one car. I -know- I couldn't do four and stay sane, but three might be feasible. Let's see what we can do once you get to Madison.

As noted on another thread, I'm going to be studying all weekend. But I'll still take frequent breaks. As for food, my guiltiest happy pleasure weekend diet is GrapeNuts and cranberry juice. Not together, just dry GrapeNuts. But I'll be bringing that with me. For meals, I have no dietary restrictions, but I'm in the post-cravings stage of my cycle, so I just won't be terribly hungry.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

We have to do something special for Karen this weekend. Let's work it out offsite. [Smile]
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to make my regrets as well. Sophie's been sick all week and I keep thinking that tomorrow she'll feel better, and surely by the weekend she'll feel better, but she's got a fever again today and was expectorating large very slimy dallops of phlegm according to the daycare today.

Okay, sorry, too much information.

Anyway, I'm really having a crisis of conscious on this one. I really really want to go this weekend and my mom is willing to take Sophie, but I just don't feel right. Especially since she was refusing the bottle today, too. [Frown]

I'm going to whine and ponder a bit more before I make a final decision, but its looking like regrets right now.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Awwwww. Poor Sophie. Poor Mama. [Frown]

You have to make the best decision for you and yours, Christy. There will be other times. And Julie and I could make something special for you and Karen, both. [Smile] I hope it works out well, whatever the choice.

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
But its so HARD to have to make the best decision for me and mine!!

*whine*

We're off to be sure that Sophie's lungs really are still clear and I'm going to try to clear my head and give it some thought. Still, I'm bummed.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

There is nobody in a better position to know than you, sweetie. We could also wait until a little later in the day tomorrow before we leave. That might help you decide.

Sometimes recharging your batteries is huge. Sometimes other things are more huge. [Dont Know]

*fingers crossed for inspiration for you

Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm fine with leaving later in the day, as well, if it helps, Christy! [Smile]

Poor Sophie.

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

[Frown] Poor baby.

I hope she gets better quick, and not just because I'd of course like it if you can come.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not really fond of the whole sick baby thing, myself.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Poor Daddy. [Frown]
ElJay
Member # 6358

I am horrified that I still haven't sent directions. I am sending them NOW to CT, because it sounds like she is the crux of the driving. Ryuko, ones to my house will be going to you immediately following.
ElJay
Member # 6358

Okay, e-mails sent to both of you, to the addresses in your profiles. Please let me know if you need any clarifications. [Smile]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
Apparantly you should have sent us directions as well. [Embarrassed] But we're here now.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

How on earth did you get lost?
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Julie/Vana, give me a call -- we should delay this by an hour (have to take my cat to the vet for eye issues [Frown] ). Haven't talked to Christy yet this morning. I'll send my phone # to you by email, but if you don't get it, just heads-up me here. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hey one last note, all --I don't know if you were planning on bringing sleeping bags or anything, but no need. With just two or three coming, there is bed space for all. With the possible exception of me, but I'm perfectly happy on the couch. [Smile] Bring your own pillow, of course, if it helps you sleep. Otherwise we're good.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

G'morning, ElJay. [Smile]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Hi there. [Wave]

My test patch of henna came out way too light. [Frown] I was suspicious of this brand anyway, so I'm gonna go ethnic grocercy hopping this morning. Hope your kitty's alright.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

I think he has hemophilus influenzae (if cats get that) -- just a little infection making his eye puffy. We'll probably end up with antibiotic drops.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Okay, we're leaving! (Long story ... [Wink] ) It's me and Vana against the world. Thelma and Louise.

Take-off is at 2pm CST. I'll keep the directions in hand. ElJay, I'm emailing you our cell phone #s.

ElJay
Member # 6358

Got 'em! See ya soon!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
The pre-henna party party has returned from eating way too much Lebanese food and watching/participating in belly dancing.

Late night henna supply store came through for them as well.

[Big Grin]

[Wave]

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.