FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Well of My Belly, Maw of My Mouth -- Now with [super-secret, shhhh!] experimentation (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: Well of My Belly, Maw of My Mouth -- Now with [super-secret, shhhh!] experimentation
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Is your purpose pure personal curiousity, CT? Or can you find a government study group that will fund your research on yourself? [Big Grin]

I agree that it doesn't sound pleasant -- but I know you are smart enough to know when to quit the experiment as well.

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

- posted      Profile for ClaudiaTherese           Edit/Delete Post 
I intend a five-day trial as a personal pilot study. Unfunded, at least as of yet. [Smile]

I've deleted the details of the method, as I remembered that such things can be spurs for unhealthy behaviors for some persons. However, I will keep y'all updated on my experiences with the (now secret) process.

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay CT, you simply *have* to tell me what your experiment was. You can't just dangle something like that in front of me and not expect me to start foaming at the mouth with curiosity.

So unless you want all of my coworkers to think that I've got rabies, and possibly try to shoot me, you should email me the details.

Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Okay, Noemon at sakeriver.com it is. [Smile]

[Sent!]

[ March 21, 2005, 03:31 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Posts: 14017 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

Thanks! I'll read it when I get home tonight.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
Well now *I* want to know, too. [Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*laugh* Nosey science-types. No pun intended.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

Noemon -- it isn't CT's fault you were so slow to read the thread when the info was there! Are you slacking today?

[Big Grin]

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

It's true, I've been shirking my Hatracking duties today. I really need to get my priorties straight--work will always be there, but interesting threads are ephemeral!
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

CT - how is it ANY more secure at sakeriver than it is here? [Wink]

edit: Oh duh! nevermind - you're talking e-mail

[ March 21, 2005, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Farmgirl ]

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yeah. [Smile]

I'll forward it to you, too, twinky. [Done.]

[ March 21, 2005, 04:00 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

twinky
Member # 693

[Smile]
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Pfft. I'm not even scientific and I'm still curious. [Taunt]

Oh well, let us know how it goes. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

Goodness, Sara, be careful. [Eek!]
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

I don't know, Sara -- Twinky is pretty skinny already. Better not tell him all the details -- he might try it and waste totally away!

Farmgirl

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

On the one hand, I don't really want to make a big deal of it. And I think it's pretty safe, in my professional opinion. On the other hand, even this thread could be a trigger for some in certain circumstances, and I certainly don't want to exacerbate that.

So, if ya wanna know, email me. (Trevor, I'm sending it to you, too, so don't bother. [Smile] ) If I know who you are and I (subjectively) judge that it wouldn't be harmful to you, I'll send you an email.

Edit: Farmgirl, I'm on the "twinky is a Big Boy Now" plan. Yeah, he's lean, but I judge that he has healthy behaviors and a sense of proportion about these sorts of things.

And he is a grown-up now.

*wipes a tear
[Wink]

[ March 21, 2005, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

Noemon
Member # 1115

quote:
So, if ya wanna know, email me. (Trevor, I'm sending it to you, too, so don't bother. ) If I know who you are and I (subjectively) judge that it wouldn't be harmful to you, I'll send you an email.
So she says. Really it's just a big popularity contest. Are you cool enough to make CT's email list? Do you dare to find out?
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

My standards are pretty darn low. [I'm drunk on sunlight!]

Just to clarify, I am not doing this to lose weight. I'm just curious to see if there is a generally benign way to modulate hormonally-influenced cravings and the satisfaction therewith. I do have a weight control plan, and it consists of eating a well-planned and balanced variety of nutritionally dense, yummy foods, as well as a regular healthy exercise program.

[ March 21, 2005, 07:39 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Well, that answers the second part of my response. [Razz]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
and CT will prolly be getting hundreds of e-mails now [Big Grin]
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Yeah, it's all a big ploy to provide me with the illusion of popularity and importance. Kind of like a web version of "Jackass," the television show.

[Wink]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Drunk on sunlight? If you turn the picture sideways, it's easy to see that she's really standing, arms outstretched, basking in the adulation of her legions of admiring fans. She just photoshopped in the grass and snow to try to obscure the truth of that picture.
Noemon
Member # 1115

But seriously, is Mystery Man David?
twinky
Member # 693

quote:
And he is a grown-up now.
Goodness, no. I plan to be young and irresponsible, at least outside the workplace, for as long as I possibly can. [Big Grin]

Or are you just saying that because I have a degree, an apartment, and a full-time job? That just means that I'm (as one of my favourite t-shirts claims) cleverly disguised as a responsible adult. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Noemon
Member # 1115

Sun Cat, Snow Spider, and First Day of Spring are all three great pictures, by the way.
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Actually, I'm at the front of the Titanic, and I'm learning to fly. [Big Grin]

Man, that was an awesome day. Dave and I went on a hike through his fly-fishing area yesterday, and Spring was everywhere. Just glorious. I fell asleep on the hood of the car as he was taking his thirty-thousandth picture of fungus on a tree. (Hey, I love him -- whatever makes him happy.)

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Mystery Man is indeed my beloved David. I took that photo after wrestling the camera from him. He woke me up with his snappage.

And hey, I was the one that found the spider! [Smile] Cute little guy. Missing a leg, though.

twink, we're all just pretending to be grownups. Some carry it off better than others, but we all have to try to live up to it, eventually. There are benefits, though. *smile

[ March 21, 2005, 04:34 PM: Message edited by: ClaudiaTherese ]

twinky
Member # 693

And I wouldn't know anything about those, nope, not me, pure as the driven snow.

'night, Hatrack. No internet at home for me until Serenity is fixed.

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

[Smile] [Wave]
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dude
Now I am curious too...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

- posted      Profile for punwit   Email punwit         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, I know my memory isn't near as sharp as it used to be but I thought I remembered something about you not being thrilled with having your picture taken. Am I mistaken or have you had a change in philosophy?
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Shhhh! She's drunk on sunshine!

When she sobers up later, she'll remove the link.

-Trevor

ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

It doesn't look like me, for some reason. I don't like having pictures of me out there where I can recognize myself -- it totally creeps me out. This, though, with the shades and all bundled up -- nah, that's just some dude laying on a car. [Wink]
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

Uh, whoops, now it's creeping me out. 'Scuse me while I go close the door. [Smile]
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Awww...

Also, I wanna know what the nose things is. But, eh. Whatev.

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
Silly girl.

You know, I was going to post in surprise but didn't just for that reason... [Smile]

It does sound like a glorious day! Heaven knows I've been enjoying the sunshine myself. I swear I'm solar powered.

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

My apologies if I precipitated an attack of the willies.
Posts: 2022 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ClaudiaTherese
Member # 923

No worries! [Smile] I just didn't want it out there gnawing at me. Now that I think about it, I can recognize myself, sort of.

Trust me, punwit -- if I am so fragile that dealing with my own quirks were to throw me into a tailspin, I wouldn't have a prayer. And I owe you a thanks, anyway!

(Christy: [Wave] )

Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what you're going to do, CT, and I respect your privacy but I just read your disclaimers and... yeah.

Be safe.

[Group Hug]

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
I wanna know, too, and I'm not slow, I was just asleep. [Grumble] Darn eastern hemisphere. [Grumble]
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
punwit
Member # 6388

Well, at least I got a sneak preview. Maybe I'll be able to pick you out without assistance at BonNDana Con. [Wave]
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
*curiosity wars with laziness*

*laziness wins*

Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Allegra
Member # 6773

- posted      Profile for Allegra   Email Allegra         Edit/Delete Post 
I am curious CT. Do you mind sending me the e-mail to?
Posts: 1015 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kwea
Member # 2199

- posted      Profile for Kwea   Email Kwea         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn you, punwit! [Wink]
Posts: 15082 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenny Gardener
Member # 903

- posted      Profile for Jenny Gardener   Email Jenny Gardener         Edit/Delete Post 
CT, you dear. Just because you were a martyr burned at the stake in your last life, you don't have to deny yourself pleasures now. Perhaps that's the lesson of this current lifetime - allow yourself to enjoy the blessings that come...

I really think that our dear CT is an avatar or bodhisattva or something...

Posts: 3141 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Is it normal to feel this lagurchedy? This unmotivated? I have a cage to build. I cannot go to the bookclub because I have not finished I, Cladius.
I really don't want to do anything and it's driving me nuts.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

I read her proposal and I have to admit, it's fascinating in the implications.

I can't say that I'm wild about her method of testing the experiment, but that's just me. [Taunt]

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Syn, I can give you intelligent things to say about I, Claudius, as well as things to say about why Lindsey Davis' books are so much better. [Big Grin]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

[Confused]
Who is Linsey Davis?
And I wonder what I could use to stop feeling lagurchedy and cranky.

Noemon
Member # 1115

Okay, I'll bite. "Lagurchedy?" Never heard it before. It's not in my (admittedly not unabridged) dictionary, and googling for it only turns up one use of the term in the whole damned internet. So, what's the story on this word?
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.