FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Spike TV removed DS9 from the 11:00 am slot :mad: (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Spike TV removed DS9 from the 11:00 am slot :mad:
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
Enterprise did get good during the final season. I mean, yeah, it was a bit of a regression (in the ST timeline). But episodes like the one where they find the lost teachings of Sarek and the seeds of change are planted in Vulcan culture, or the 'Earth First' group that occurred just before the finale were good. Good enough that, with some tweaking, that could (and should) have been the finale.

"Year of Hell" was awesome. Other good VOY episodes:

Jetrel: Neelix confronts the creator of a WMD that killed his entire family.

Meld: Tuvok melds with a serial killer in an attempt to understand his rage. The result is that Tuvok's mental control breaks down and we finally see beneath the surface to Tuvok's true feelings for humans and Starfleet.

Tuvix: Tuvok and Neelix become a single person who wants to live and has his own personality. When a way to seperate them comes up, the question of whether it is ethical to do so comes up.

Distant Origin: A species of dinosaur may have evolved into intelligent beings and fled earth millions of years ago and are now in the Delta quadrant. Galileo-esqu and fun.

Scorpion I & II- Seven's first appearance, as well as Species 8472, the only species ever to successfully repel the Borg. An uneasy alliance between VOY and the Borg

Message in a Bottle: The Doctor is sent home via a communications array where he encounters the new Holodoctor, Andy Dick. Absolutely hilarious. Truly.

Living Witness: A look at PC historical revisionism in relation to the 'Voyager encounter' with a racially divided people looking to heal the wounds of the past.

Drone: Seven's a momma and we see what a 29th century Borg might look like. Very moving (similar to Data's Lal)

Equinox I & II- what a weaker starfleet vessel might have done in the Delta quadrant. Janeway finally crosses the line.

Tinker, Tenor, Doctor, Spy- The Doc's new 'daydreaming' routines interfere with his work. So very funny, especially when an alien race taps into the Doc's mind and thinks they're real.

Pathfinder: Barclay (of TNG) helps make contact with Voyager, with some assistance with Deanna Troi. Painful, as all Barclay episodes are.

Memorial: The crew believe they have taken part in a village massacre and are suffering PTS.

Life Line: The Doc's creator is dying and he goes to help him, as well as get his approval.

Body and Soul: The Doc is downloaded into Seven. Seeing Jeri Ryan play the Doctor is priceless.

There a many more, especially Seven's episodes, but I don't want to bore everyone.

Yeah, there were real stinkers. But there were some great episodes, too.

Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the memories.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Which was the episode with the planet that the Doctor introduces music to? and he becomes this huge rock star.

I love that episode.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds like an awesome episode.
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
Virtuoso

I just checked, it's Virtuoso. Voyager comes to the Qomar planet, and while they are being given a tour of the ship, they hear the doctor singing and he becomes an instant star. He starts handing out mini holograms of himself singing and gives the Captain a real hard time.

"Oh come now Katherine."
"Katherine? I wasn't aware we were on a first name basis Doctor."

He decides he wants to leave Voyager and be a star full time, and that by not being able to leave, the Captain is restricting his rights. The Captain decides to let him go, and Tom will be the new medical corpsman. But Tinku, the chick on Qomar that he likes, programs a new doctor who has more range and can sing better. So the Doctor freaks out and wants to delete his medical programming to make room for more singing space.

In the end he decides not to go, and sings a beautiful song to say goodbye. It might actually be Robert Picardo, though I doubt it, but he does have formal voice training.

Which is the episode where the Doctor is stuck on a planet that is advancing rapidly through time? Voyager is somehow stuck in their atmosphere, and causes violent earthquakes on the planet. They beam the doctor down for a few seconds, but he comes back after having lived there for 70 years. And eventually they have to try and get themselves out, or they will horribly damage the planet.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
IanO
Member # 186

- posted      Profile for IanO   Email IanO         Edit/Delete Post 
"Blink of An Eye". Very good episode.
Posts: 1346 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kojabu
Member # 8042

- posted      Profile for kojabu           Edit/Delete Post 
The episode where the Doctor has a family is a pretty good one too. The Doc and Seven are two of the best characters.

One of my favorite Seven episodes is the one where she starts having multiple personalities (Season 7, I think it's episode 4). There's just some great acting in that one.

Posts: 2867 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Reader
Member # 3636

- posted      Profile for The Reader   Email The Reader         Edit/Delete Post 
Great list of episodes, IanO. Those are the best of the series, with "Year of Hell" tops, IMO.
Posts: 684 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
I just found out a friend of mine got all seven seasons of VOY - one of those Asian import things on eBay or whatever. I'm really hoping I can borrow most of them from him, because I miss Voyager like nobody's business. It's more nostalgia for mother-daughter bonding time than missing a quality TV show, but there it is.

And as far as Enterprise goes, the only season I would even consider owning is season 4. All of a sudden there was backstory! These people came from somewhere! And...

...SPOILER...

Malcolm had a shady past! And was secretly SUPER-COOL! Okay, fine, he was always my second-favourite and thus super-cool anyway, but the whole covert ops thing made him infinitely cooler.

Oh, and I loved most of the Q episodes from any series, but was very thankful they didn't cross over onto Enterprise like the stupid Borg.

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
hey the Borg thing actually made sense, I explained it very well back in the day when I hung out on the ST forums.
IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
Is Malcom the British one?
Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.