FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Hatrack Riverside Resort (Page 3)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: The Hatrack Riverside Resort
Reticulum
Member # 8776

- posted      Profile for Reticulum           Edit/Delete Post 
Please do not advertise for your resort on mine. [Wink]
Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grim
Member # 9165

- posted      Profile for Grim           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, actually, Ret. will have me as a customer forever. Though Ret, I must say you are acting like a big fat jerk.
Posts: 96 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grim
Member # 9165

I will have a Child of the Mocha.

*waits*

Posts: 96 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
*snort* Tinros asked asked nicely that you not use her drinks. I'm sure they'll give your request as much consideration as you gave hers.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jeesh
Member # 9163

- posted      Profile for Jeesh           Edit/Delete Post 
Ret, I remember you actually INVENTED your bar at the Giants Shadow.
Posts: 1164 | Registered: Feb 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grim
Member # 9165

I do not think reacting in that matter is a very kind response, or a very good one, considering what you are trying to convey.

*waits for his Child of the Mocha*

Reticulum
Member # 8776

Well, uh, I have no response. I would appreciate it if you did not make my customers distracted.

*makes a Child of the Mocha*

Here you go Grim, enjoy. I suggest you go skiing, when you finish.

Posts: 2121 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Grim
Member # 9165

*drinks his COTM, and enjoys it thouroughly*

Thanks Ret.! That was delicious! Boy I love it here.

*leavs to go skiing and go-carting*

skillery
Member # 6209

- posted      Profile for skillery   Email skillery         Edit/Delete Post 
*watches in amazement as the FAXes fly*

*wonders if the bad blood between the two resorts has anything to do with his early demise and his wife's disappearance*

*decides to pay a visit to the other resort*

*floats out the door and into the woods*

*notices something hanging from a low branch off to one side*

Lingerie?

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Reticulum, as a friend or at least former friend I would like to formally ask you to create your own drink list. I spent a great deal of time creating those drinks, and my customers and staff take great pride in the fact that each one of them has a item on my menu.

So as a friend or at the least another decent human being will you please stop using my drinks as part of your selection?

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Just to let you know Reticulum, I have ordered my staff to make offical appologies for their immature actions. I would like to request that you do something similar for my Resort. I am not ordering, I am just making a formal request.

(my staff will post their appologies on both this thread and my own)

Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Of course Advent, my good friend, I shall do so immediately. I shall apologize for both here, and on your resort.

I apologixe to both you and your staff, Advent, and would like to conragulate you for coming back. It is good to have a good friend back.

Reticulum
Member # 8776

*waits for some customers*
skillery
Member # 6209

*feels wet*

*smells his own stale breath*

*blinks eyes, straining to see in the darkness*

*vomits*

Posts: 2655 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Want a drink, Skillery?
skillery
Member # 6209

*is temporarily blinded as the lights suddenly come on*

*raises his head from the pool of vomit*

water

skillery
Member # 6209

By the way, you're out of toner.

*slumps back to the floor*

Reticulum
Member # 8776

Out of toner, ey. I'll send a robot to give you some more...
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I accept your apology my friend. And It is good to be back (I think so at least).
Reticulum
Member # 8776

It is good that you ARE back. So nice to have Hatrack back again.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

It is good that you ARE back. So nice to have Hatrack back again.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

How are you today?

And I have a suggestion to pose towards you. I have attempted to structure my Resort into a year round Winter Resort, but my question is how do you feel about sharing our ideas and making our two Resorts into a unified chain? Mine shall remain a constant Winter, while yours could be a Summer or Spring Resort. What do you think?

Reticulum
Member # 8776

I like that idea. Though I do suppose we should change the names. Keeping the originals, but adding a prefix. I am good, and have had a great day, Went bowling with my school. What think of the idea?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, I can agree to that. We should discuss this in greater depth on IM.

And glad to hear that your day went well.

Reticulum
Member # 8776

I don't really feel like IM. I think boards will do fine.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Well if not on AOL you can always reach me at speakerfordead445@hotmail.com

Just for future reference.

And I do think that the boards are an inaproprate place for such "business discussions". That way when we finish the deal and make the changes it can be an even bigger suprise.

Reticulum
Member # 8776

Good idea. Would tommarrow be okay?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Sure. I'm free at least most of tommarrow.
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Um.
Is it NECESSARY for two of these threads to exist?

Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Maybe not nessecary, but it may be fun.

Plus I don't want to end up in a fight over who's Resort should be deleted.

TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
You could delete them both, and then open up your own forum -- with the two of you as co-proprietors -- for the express purpose of roleplaying in a bar. That'd solve the whole problem, and you'd even be able to host images.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Now I think your just being cruel.

I know that at least some of the regulars at my Resort enjoy coming there. And its not like either of us hurt anything by continuing our threads. And plus, I don't know the first thing about even creating a web page, let alone an entire forum.

beverly
Member # 6246

- posted      Profile for beverly   Email beverly         Edit/Delete Post 
And how many "last post" and "hug threads" do we have? Certainly more than is necessary. [Wink]
Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

That was my point (I think) that nothing here is by definition "necessary" But they are fun.

That reminds me, is the Hatrack Dating Game over or did the creator just forget about it?

TomDavidson
Member # 124

Bev, if I thought for a moment that I could make the last post and hug threads go away by wishing....
Nope. They're still here.

beverly
Member # 6246

Probably there was too much lag time in the responses and it just fell by the wayside.

I don't participate in a lot of the "fluff threads" but their presence doesn't bother me.

Posts: 7050 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

I think that most of them are pretty fun. But maybe its just me.
beverly
Member # 6246

Well, different strokes, different folks, ya know?
Advent 115
Member # 8914

True, so true.
Reticulum
Member # 8776

Well, would you like a drink Advent? Beverly? You all have free access to the go-carts. Plus, this is fun! [Smile]
beverly
Member # 6246

No thanks, Ret. [Smile] Heh. Like Rhett Butler.
Advent 115
Member # 8914

Hmm, let me think. No, I'm good. But I must say I quite like the view from your bar down onto the rest of you Resort. It quite beautiful.

You should come and see the sunset view of all of this side of the Hatrack river at my Resort. It is quite a sight to behold, or at least thats what Tante tells me. [Wink]

Reticulum
Member # 8776

*going to check it out*
skillery
Member # 6209

*slowly regains consciousness and wonders if it was all just a dream*

*crawls to the door of his room and knocks*

Reticulum
Member # 8776

*opens door for skillery*
skillery
Member # 6209

"What are you doing in there?" "Where's my wife?"
Reticulum
Member # 8776

She is with us.
skillery
Member # 6209

*feels sick again*

*forces his way into the room and finds it empty*

Where is she?

Reticulum
Member # 8776

I said. She is with us. Join us, join us forever.

*smiles insidiously*

skillery
Member # 6209

*grabs Reticulum and shakes violently*

Take me to her!

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.