FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Discussion: Mac's vs PC's (Page 3)

This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   
Author Topic: Discussion: Mac's vs PC's
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
In Quebec its only 100$ a semester for CEGEP.

The computer for 800$ I don't remember the parts it was all from microbytes and it was a good deal I dont remmeber the exact parts, nowadays those parts are probably 400$.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Ah, it was a while in the past. I still suspect there was little significant difference in price.

As far as cost, you seem to misunderstand. Imagine you are about to choose to do that final year or not, and you have in front of you a job offer with a salary of thirty thousand CAD.

So, if you go to school, you will pay 100CAD per semester, and have -200CAD after the year is over, plus some schooling. If you don't go to school, you will have 30000CAD after the year is over (well, there are taxes and such, and the school year doesn't line up perfectly with the academic year . . . assume you would get the 30000CAD for the exact same period you were in school, after taxes).

So in exchange for some schooling, you have given up 200CAD and the opportunity to have another 30000CAD. That 30000CAD is an opportunity cost. If the schooling is worth 30200CAD to you, then take it. If not, don't. But don't take the schooling if it is only worth 200CAD or a little more to you, because you're giving up 30000CAD in order to get it.

Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Superman would so beat Batman!
Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.