FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » There's a storm gathering (Page 4)

This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   
Author Topic: There's a storm gathering
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
quote:
Originally posted by Synesthesia:
quote:
Originally posted by Christine:
We often talk about homosexuality only in cases where there is no choice, and then continue to argue whether or not that's true (that we don't choose our sexual orientation). But also in the mix are people who could swing either way and I wonder if these people might scare anti-SSM people the most. I don't know; I still fail to really understand their arguments and I wouldn't want to speak for them, but if you allow SSM then suddenly it makes it ok to be gay. People who would otherwise have found an opposite sex partner and settled down to a relatively happy life may now decide to go the other way.

And that's a bad thing because...?
Folks can't settle down with someone of the same sex and have a happy life too?

I think you missed my point. I don't personally have a problem with SSM under any circumstance. I was just wondering if it might be a hangup for others. I'm still struggling to understand the anti-SSM point of view at all. [/QB]
(Critter keeps moving around! Yay, Critter!)

I don't understand their point of view either. The world has changed and evolved, The concept of gender has evolved. Men and don't have to be limited to just one role, they can pick and choose and be free to do what they want within reason. It's not a bad day and age to live in.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0Megabyte
Member # 8624

- posted      Profile for 0Megabyte   Email 0Megabyte         Edit/Delete Post 
Yet too many people, it sometimes seems like, seem to hold their ideals in too high a regard, and transmit them as the Truth.

I too am guilty of this.

Posts: 1577 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Pixiest
Member # 1863

- posted      Profile for The Pixiest   Email The Pixiest         Edit/Delete Post 
If I hadn't been with women before I got married I think the need to *know* would burn me up until I couldn't be a good wife to my husband.

Instead I have lovely memories to look back on.

Likewise, if I had married a woman, I would be happy not to have my gold star for the same reason.

But that's just me. For some, being a virgin is better; for others it's better to have experience.

As with everything, *individual* needs are different. That is why we must all be free to follow our own paths with no special treatment (or special exclusions) for anyone who isn't harming an unwilling victim.

Posts: 7085 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.