FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon III Planning Thread (Page 5)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: WenchCon III Planning Thread
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
well, Lindsay (Ophelia) and i are in Athens technically, but i know atlanta oh so very well.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
Dear, I'm only commenting on the physical aspects of your body and how it can or cannot function to normal factory spec.

Your imagination is entirely your own. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeay! My own!
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Sorry Dag, we're ignoring you. [Taunt]

Ben - it's all good. You and Lindsay count as another set of hands and wheels as necessary or volunteered. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

i count as more than hands and wheels. what about talent i tells ya?!

lets set a date.

i make executive decision of March 25-27 unless i get overthrown. but until further notice or i am told to shut up:

Wenchcon 2005 March 25-27...

[ December 06, 2004, 06:27 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Right, but I'm not interested in your talent. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Ben
Member # 6117

hell, maybe if you are lucky, Butch Walker will do a show that weekend, *drool*

[ December 06, 2004, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
my orchestra teacher found lots of sightseeing in atlanta in april. Not that any of us were absolutely in love with the stuff but we enjoyed it. Stone Mountain, Jimmy Carter Center, Martin Luther King JR church and places, Coke museum, Underground Atlanta (I refuse to ever go there again, ick ick scary snakes).

(is not able to attend wench con)

Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ophelia
Member # 653

- posted      Profile for Ophelia   Email Ophelia         Edit/Delete Post 
*seconds March 25-27 at the Wingate*
Posts: 3801 | Registered: Jan 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Heh.

I used to attend Georgia State - Underground Atlanta and the World o' Coke are tourist traps. I know of what I speak.

I was kinda aiming for sites that might be more than a little entertaining. Sheesh, I might as well take you to the Panorama. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that if there isn't a shuttle, things will work out fine. But they can work out better. Seriously - If there are more than 15-20 people, a shuttle is worth it, unless someone wants to rent a minivan and spend three days driving people around. Because if there's no transportation hotel --> airport, that's going to happen anyway.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
All that random free Coke at the end of the tour...my bladder still remembers.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

And March 25-27 could work for me, as long as my classes are okay.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Honestly, I don't care when, as long as it's not on my daughter's birthday or too near it (April 5); I'll go whatever the cost (okay, not whatever, but still, I'll pay a little more than I want to to see you all, as long as it's not more than I can afford); I'm just bucking to keep this interesting and fun for everyone. My only real concerns have to do with the fact that I will be bringing my daughter, and keeping her safe and making sure she gets enough sleep even if I don't.

I am so looking forward to this. I'm toying with the idea of packing no clothes other than costumes... [Big Grin]

[ December 06, 2004, 06:39 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

Stinky, erm...i mean Olivia, brought her niece last time. that worked out well. she seemed happy and uncranky.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
How old was she?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

and on the same note as the other mention in that post, i'm toying with the idea of not packing clothes OR costumes!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Angst]
mackillian
Member # 586

But we hope Lindsay will FOR him.

And fine, the dates Ben declared are fine.

katharina
Member # 827

The niece was 12, I think.

KQ's daughter is a leetle bit younger than that.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to keep bringing this up, but can it be earlier in March? Bob&DanaCon is April 2nd, that's the very next weekend, and it would be hard for most people to travel two weekends in a row. Obviously, not everyone is going to the wedding, but for those of us who are...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Yes, at 12 I went without sleep on a regular basis.

I mentioned Em's birthday is April 5. Let me clarify; that's her first birthday.

Ben
Member # 6117

but but but, i declared and everything! and we all know i have that much clout!
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

but but but, you declared a different weekend first... [Razz]
mackillian
Member # 586

ElJay, when in March works?
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yeah, and you edited your declaration! I saw that it said March 12th first, and was glad that it wasn't too close to the wedding! [Razz]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

First weekend?
Ben
Member # 6117

March 4-6 it is.

Amen.

mackillian
Member # 586

(ElJay, can you email me? Hatrack won't let me email you. [Frown] )
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Ben, if you just keep agreeing with what everyone else says, you'll always be right. [Razz]
ElJay
Member # 6358

As far as I'm concerned, the weekend of the 12th would be just peachy. That leaves 2 weekends in between that and the wedding, and we're probably not going to do much better than that with all the stuff people are trying to plan. It's also 2 weekends after the henna party, so as far as I'm concerned it's ideal.
katharina
Member # 827

The twelth is fine with me. Heck, almost all of its fine with me, but if WenchCon is March and The Wedding is April, I don't think I'm going to make the henna party. *goes off to cry*

[ December 06, 2004, 06:46 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

We can start a seperate thread only for this question, request only people who are planning on coming to post, and only to post your opinion. Once.
ElJay
Member # 6358

mack, I can't from work... you can send it to me at eljay at hotmail.com and I'll get it when I get home tonight.
Ben
Member # 6117

tell me why march 4-6 wont work?
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Isn't that one after the henna party?
mackillian
Member # 586

Cool, thanks [Smile]
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
March 27 is Easter. In case that matters to anyone.
Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Too close to the henna party, which has already been planned.

KQ, that never works. SOME PEOPLE, not naming any names but they start with Elizabth and punwit, always make puns, and then Ben stuffs the ballot box.

Ben
Member # 6117

ok 12-14. some people may just need to come and go as they please during that time.

[ December 06, 2004, 06:50 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

ElJay
Member # 6358

I'm not saying it won't work... everyone was posting really fast right then, and I didn't see it had been suggested.

The henna party is 2/19. If WenchCon is going to be close to something, I'd rather it be close to that, since much fewer people will be coming, mostly midwesterners. I probably wouldn't make a WenchCon on 3/4, but that's okay, I can come next year... I just really, really don't want it the weekend before the wedding.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Well, I think a discussion and consensus is better, anyway.
mackillian
Member # 586

[Wall Bash]
ElJay
Member # 6358

Truely, make it close to the henna party if that's better for the people who are sure they'll be there, especially those of you who are actually in town. Just not the very-same weekend, please. [Smile]
Ben
Member # 6117

March 4-6 again.

see, i AM flexible.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Do you do yoga?
mackillian
Member # 586

He's actually Gumby.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Aaaah.
Ben
Member # 6117

don't mention gumby, it will make me crave pokey stix.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[Eek!]
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.