FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » A question about Christians? (Page 6)

This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   
Author Topic: A question about Christians?
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
Celia, I think Zal was talking about Cards and Mafia, but i was definitely complimenting you, in all your dark glory.

Kat, I apologize for making things uncomfortable. I only used the personal example because, honestly, mine is the only story I'm at liberty to tell and it happens to be a damned good example.

Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
In Utah, most Barq's root beer doesn't have caffeine. I think it's bottled locally, and the local plant does it differently. But you still have to read the label when you buy it to be sure.
Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

- posted      Profile for UofUlawguy   Email UofUlawguy         Edit/Delete Post 
My grandmother is still dead set against face cards. The closest thing she allowed was Rook, which works for most things since there are 4 suits of 13 cards, but instead of face cards there are numbers 11 through 13.

President Joseph F. Smith was the one who spoke out against face cards the most, and Zal is right, usually his reasoning was that card-playing was becoming so popular in Utah that it was becoming a total time-waster for a lot of people who had better things to do with their lives.

Posts: 1652 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
The Cheat
Member # 5204

- posted      Profile for The Cheat   Email The Cheat         Edit/Delete Post 
I have only ever seen caffeine-free Barq's on BYU campus. Nowhere else. (But Ruth isn't from Utah, so the stuff she was drinking was definitely caffeinated. And anyway, Barq's sucks.)
Posts: 35 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
Jim, I appreciate that it's a personal example, and it's horrifyingly far too common. I don't think it's a representative example, though. But I don't want to get into Battle of the Anecdotes, and that's what I could see the discussion becoming.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jim-Me
Member # 6426

- posted      Profile for Jim-Me   Email Jim-Me         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't particularly want to go there, either, since I only have the one [Smile]
Posts: 3846 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
*nods* Okay.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
UofUlawguy
Member # 5492

Well, caffeine-free Barq's certainly isn't limited to BYU campus, or even Utah County, because I have had a lot of it, and I always spent as little time as possible in that forsaken region of the state.
  This topic comprises 6 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.