FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I Am Not Okay With This (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: I Am Not Okay With This
Vána
Member # 6593

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Whoa. I just completely lost track of what was happening here.

[Confused]

Posts: 3214 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, me too. And I am NOT okay with it!

Sheesh?

I suspect "Jar Head" is just BC in a new set of underoos.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
Not unless he's way more clever than I give him credit for. The style is quite different, even if the content is much the same.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Um.

I thought I was being funny.

[Embarrassed]

(I'm not the Jar person though) [No No]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
So, are you saying you ARE the BC person?
Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

*small voice* no

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to drop in and give Vana my support. The Gay Marriage Ban ammendment in Georgia was the most the painful part of election day for me.

Because it was so pointless, and people were so jazzed about it.

Protect Traditional Marriage! Keep gays from 'marrying'.

ME: But it's already illegal for same sex couples to marry in Georgia

THem: But now, it'll be Extra-Crispy Illegal! Yay!

*sigh*

The only result I could see coming out of it was that it would make people I know feel really bad.

The Baptist church coalition spent a bunch of money on TV spots and everything. THAT REALLY wasn't necessary.

It was like, "Whee! Look at me! I'm spending lots of cash to make people different than me feel bad! YAY!"

Is there something WRONG with me that I can't see how that makes my marriage any safer?

I mean, if you want to keep marriage holy, pass a law requiring that all people must pass a breath-a-lizer before saying "I do."

'Cause, you know... if you can do it drunk of your @$$ in front of an Elvis impersonater, it ain't all that holy.

I'm just sayin'...

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Bridges
Member # 1138

- posted      Profile for Chris Bridges   Email Chris Bridges         Edit/Delete Post 
Passing a constitutional amendment to ban something that's already illegal accomplishes two things.

It sends a powerful message.

And laws can be overturned by activist judges if they rule the law is unconstitutional. Hard to do when the law is in the constitution...

Posts: 7790 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivetta
Member # 6456

- posted      Profile for Olivetta   Email Olivetta         Edit/Delete Post 
I know that, but the most immediate and personally relevant result was to make my workshop buddy Steve and his partner of almost 11 years feel like crap.

It's hard to feel the same about my neighbors and their noble and lofty ideals when my friends are hurting.

I'm apolitical on a large scale, since I have learned it just doesn't make a big difference what I think, but when I see people I care for hurt, it pisses me off. That's about as political as I get. [Smile]

Posts: 1664 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.