FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Arguements (Page 7)

This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   
Author Topic: Arguements
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
It's great in a "gee, Resh has a skull no more permeable than titanium" sort of way, I suppose. You're masturbating through the whole thing.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mucus
Member # 9735

- posted      Profile for Mucus           Edit/Delete Post 
For the record, Tom's post refers to the last post on the last page, and not MrSquicky's post. Man that confused me (although I admit I am very tired).
Posts: 7593 | Registered: Sep 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
King of Men
Member # 6684

- posted      Profile for King of Men   Email King of Men         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I guess you weren't talking to me, KoM. But I was talking to you. Fair enough? But your objection to the options you believe are being left out are really not possible. Jesus most certainly was not a legend, and no one really doubts that the things that the gospels said that he said were never really said. There were many thousands of people who heard his words, and much of the gospel's content was considered common knowledge at the time.
Jesus quite possibly was a legend. I realise this is not something you are going to hear in Sunday School, but nevertheless, the evidence for his historicity is exceeding flimsy. And I most certainly do doubt that the gospels are an exact record of his words; for one thing, they contradict each other, and for another, they were copied for several centuries by half-literate monks notorious for miscopying and for inserting stuff they thought would sound good. You really should try not to extrapolate from "I believe X" to "Nobody believes not-X", it's rather rude.
Posts: 10645 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, well. I don't consider the explanation wasted. Maybe other people will find it useful or interesting.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 7 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.