FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » WenchCon III Planning Thread (Page 8)

This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   
Author Topic: WenchCon III Planning Thread
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
How much does the Wingate cost? What about the meeting room?
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
The Wingate was very nice. Had a nice spot for us to set up our Saturday lunch buffet, too.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
yep. and walking distance to goodness. i dont know exact prices. Olivia would.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I think they're actually posted somewhere earlier in this thread. Page 3 or 4, maybe...
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
One advantage of the WinGate was that it was close to Olivia's house.

The advantage of being close to the airport is that transportation would be greatly eased.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

transportation is not an issue katie! i think you are awesome but you really gotta let the trasportation thing go! this will work, i promise. wingate is just a great locale.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, earlier someone said $75 per room, plus $50 a day for the conference room. Is the extra stuff worth the extra cost? 'Cause it's a very small difference, except for the shuttle.
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

- posted      Profile for TMedina   Email TMedina         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't object to playing chauffer as long as somebody gives me the silly hat. [Big Grin]

Ketchup - not a problem on either account. You've volunteered a lot of work and on behalf of the past and future Wenchlings, we appreciate it. The fact you're chatty is just an added plus. [Big Grin]

The prices for the Wingate are located earlier in this thread, although it couldn't hurt to confirm both the prices and whether or not they run an airport shuttle.

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

I can do that tomorrow, or you can, Trevor. Also, you might want to check availability on our tentative dates (March or May), since there were issues with that at some places.
TMedina
Member # 6649

Virginia Avenue isn't that nice, particularly if it's the one I'm thinking of.

There is one, maybe two fast food places nearby and the rest is lower income neighborhoods of which I wouldn't want my (important female) to walk through unattended.

And since I'm not nearly so chatty, I won't miss any fun by running people to and from the airport. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Posts: 5413 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

march march march. no may. waiting sucks. go march
ElJay
Member # 6358

T, does it have to be a chauffer silly hat? Or do we get to give you any silly hat we want? :plots:
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Ben, it could be an issue. It has been an issue in the past. It would be great if it didn't have to be an issue at all. [Smile]
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TMedina
Member # 6649

Go for it Ketchup - you have a knack for the hotel thing. [Big Grin]

-Trevor

ElJay
Member # 6358

Oh, and...

quote:
of which I wouldn't want my (important female) to walk through unattended.

[ROFL]
TMedina
Member # 6649

Ya know, I've never had to pry someone's fingers off a dead horse's throat before...

Ketchup, if you could confirm or deny the existence of an airport shuttle from the Wingate, I would appreciate it.

-Trevor

Ela
Member # 1365

- posted      Profile for Ela           Edit/Delete Post 
The Wingate was within easy walking distance of several places to eat, and within easy driving distance of a number more. We walked quite a bit, when we were there, as I recall.
Posts: 5771 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

i can vouch from last year. there is none, necessarily. **Correction** AAA shuttle doesnt run out there. but the Ben-Express does.

[ December 08, 2004, 06:22 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

As people email me there availability dates, I can also get their means of arrival - who's flying in, who's driving, etc.

This will help us determine Wingate or something closer.

-Trevor

Ben
Member # 6117

it worked well last year at wingate regardless of who arrived when...just sayin'
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Oh. I didn't put that in, but I'm flying. [Smile]

And you probably already knew that, huh?

[ December 08, 2004, 06:25 PM: Message edited by: ketchupqueen ]

TMedina
Member # 6649

Ok Ben, I've coaxed Kat to let go of the horse's throat.

You can release your strangle hold on the other end.

Both concerns have been noted and will be taken with due consideration.

[Wave]

-Trevor

TMedina
Member # 6649

Oh and adding your sig to your email would be nice if you email me from a normal-sounding email account. [Big Grin]

Actually, I was unaware Ketchup, but I will note it in the list. [Taunt]

-Trevor

Ben
Member # 6117

fair enough.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

This dead horse is starting to smell... Can someone help me move it out of the thread?
*runs away, anticipating an argument over whether to move it with ropes or shovels*

(Just trying to lighten things up. Please, please don't take offense, anyone...) [Angst]

TMedina
Member # 6649

It's all good Ketchup - we'll get the horse out in a minute.

Just need to find the chainsaw...

-Trevor

Tammy
Member # 4119

- posted      Profile for Tammy   Email Tammy         Edit/Delete Post 
[Confused]

I stay lost in this topic.

Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

"This is some mighty good stew."
"You think so? I butchered this horse last week, I reckon she's startin' to turn..."

[Big Grin]

TMedina
Member # 6649

That's ok Tammy, you just have to play...ketchup.

-Trevor

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

[ROFL]
Tammy
Member # 4119

That's my problem...I can't seem to ketchup.
Posts: 3771 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wall Bash]
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Don't your head and neck hurt enough already, mack?
mackillian
Member # 586

- posted      Profile for mackillian   Email mackillian         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the doc didn't say anything about bashing my head into the wall...though, you'd think that'd be intuitive on my part.
Posts: 14745 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

Yep. You intuitively do it when you're frustrated. *nod*
mackillian
Member # 586

Or intuitive not to continue to cause myself bodily harm.

No WONDER my docs give me explicit instructions.

Fencing starts in two minutes. [Frown]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*hands mac some Tiger Balm*

I'm not sure if it's really intended for head-bashing pain, but hey, it can't hurt, right?

ElJay
Member # 6358

Since we've got a dead horse in the thread, is this the time to mention that I've heard that horse fat is the very best deep-frying fat ever? Like, french fries done in horse fat are your memory of the best fry you've ever eaten times 10.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

Um, Ewww...
mackillian
Member # 586

I'm nervous about taking this muscle relaxer, actually. I've never taken one before.
ElJay
Member # 6358

*giggle* Yeah. But, ya know, Trevor's getting out the chainsaw, so I figure I couldn't be too much worse than that.

Edit: To kq. mack, I'm not laughing at you, honest.

[ December 08, 2004, 07:15 PM: Message edited by: ElJay ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

(((hugs))) to mac
Tammy
Member # 4119

Okay guys...enough silly talk. [No No]

Start some serious planning here!

xnera
Member # 187

- posted      Profile for xnera   Email xnera         Edit/Delete Post 
I very much liked the Wingate.

If it's NOT at the Wingate, then it is absolutely vital that wherever we end up going has a good sized meeting room. KamaCon's meeting room was too small, and impacted my enjoyment of the event. I couldn't talk to anyone because I couldn't hear them, due to all the background noise. [Frown]

If we had used airport shuttles at the last WenchCon, then I wouldn't have had the opportunity to hang out and chat with Olivia one-on-one, which was one of the highlights of the trip.

Posts: 1805 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Okay, I'm back.

If we'd used shuttles at KamaCon, someone wouldn't have had to spend three hours of a crazy day searching for one person at the airport.

Absolutely - large meeting room = vital.

----

Is that the objection? That the shuttles would seem too impersonal? I think the desire to always be met at the airport. I can see that.

I just think that it is going to end up the job of someone sweet, introverted, and responsible to play chauffer that weekend. I'm not worried it's going to be me (see list of qualities), but I do think it is going to be someone like that since that's what's happened every other time. Surely, surely there is a way to get everything.

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

*resists replying*

*through clenched teeth*

Yes, small meeting rooms could get cramped. I could see that.

*claps hand over mouth so Trevor doesn't get her*

Ben
Member # 6117

sounds like alot of people enjoyed the wingate. and it sounds like everybody had a great time last time. so...why change a good thing?

[ December 09, 2004, 10:48 AM: Message edited by: Ben ]

ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

That seems to be a main reason that a lot of people don't want to consider change. While I'm sure the excellence of the locale contributed to the overall good experience, isn't the point to have fun together? And couldn't that be accomplished, and an excellent experience be had, somewhere else as well?

It's like jeans. If you have one pair of jeans, and you like to wear them, doesn't it make sense to try buying another pair of jeans? Maybe a slightly different style to add to your wardrobe options? Ones that fit you well when you try them on, but are slightly different, and have, say, convenient pockets that your other jeans don't have?

It makes sense to me...

katharina
Member # 827

Well, let's see what all are options are.
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

You know what would be fun? We should all go somewhere very refined, like an art museum, in costume. *giggles*
  This topic comprises 9 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8  9   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.