FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I dream of Chocolate

Author Topic: I dream of Chocolate
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
***This is an older thread, you may want to scroll to the end*** And I had a bit of trouble finding this. I should put a code word in. Trouble is if I do, other people will start using it to thwart me.

I guess I was dreaming I was the heroine of his upcoming film, Hidalgo because we were in some kind of rodeo where you could win a jackpot of horses. The trick was that Viggo and I were handcuffed back to back with a portable fence section between us.

Thanks to my special talent of doing whatever people want me to (I was actually scouted by a team looking for this trait in the dream) we were able to free the animals. But they had all turned into bunnies and baby chicks. Viggo and I split the winnings and then he bid me farewell, saying "I can tell your momma don't like me too much" in that deferrent, irresistable way. But all my baby chicks froze, so he gave me one of his.

Then I woke up and when I fell asleep again, we were on a transatlantic voyage with some evil mastermind. Viggo and I would have to pretend not to be attracted to each other during the journey in order to bring justice on this fiend.

[ April 19, 2005, 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Trisha the Severe Hottie ]

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
That's it. It's destined. I suggest you find Viggo's phone number and call him at least twice a day until he agrees to meet you and give this relationship-made-in-heaven a try. If his wife or children answer the phone, breathe heavily for five seconds and then hang up. It worked for me.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
(He doesn't have a wife! yeehee! we can legally dream! [Smile] )

Here are some lovely pictures of him as of late. My sister belongs to a Viggo FORUM! Can you believe it? Anyway, I've joined as well so I can get access to the images and all the other stuff they post (some of which is pretty cool). So, now I can link to these. Aren't they just lovely??

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

- posted      Profile for Vána   Email Vána         Edit/Delete Post 
Narnia, I belong to that community, too!!

I've gotta have my Viggo pics!

Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I'm totally supportive of the Viggo forum. [Smile] I was just initially baffled that it even existed...but the pics are a definite must.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
So you can have more enjoyable dreams about Viggo. From the same company that brought you Bow-Lingual...
http://www.reuters.co.uk/newsArticle.jhtml?type=oddlyEnoughNews&storyID=4129982§ion=news
What will they come up with next?

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
That guy is so dreamy. He paints, takes photos, writes poems and composes music.
How sexy is that?
And he went to my college before I was there. Like... when I was 1 or 2...

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

You know I actually feel sorry for Viggo, a bit. I wonder how he manages to have any normalcy in his life after LotR. I mean look at all the websites out there by fans. In a way it would give me a creepy stalkeresque kind of feeling. I'm sure the hubbub will die down a bit in a couple of years but man, in the mean time I do feel pity for him.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Olivet
Member # 1104

- posted      Profile for Olivet   Email Olivet         Edit/Delete Post 
Ron read an article where he talked about all the women who throw themselves at him. He said when he gets a pocket full of phone numbers, he gives half to Billy Boyd and half to Dominick Monohan.

I sort of assumed he was exaggerating, but maybe he wasn't.

Posts: 9293 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
You are destned for Viggo, well eother him or a bunch of frozen chicks......

Rhaegar

Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I always forget, was it Billy or Dominic that was Pippin? I have mulled it over since LotR first came out and his singing RotK finally clinched it that if I could pick any actor it would be him. Plus he's hysterically funny and got an awesome accent!

AJ

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Ack, I just realized that Billy Boyd is 10 years older than I am. I thought he was younger. Well that is what explains the receding hairline. Te does look better with his longer hobbit hair though. Sean Astin, who I thought was the oldest is actually 4 years younger. Dominic is only 5 years older than Elijah, and he and Billy play characters of nearly the same age. Man what an age span!

Maybe that is what squicks me out about liking Viggo too much. He is old enough to be my father by a couple of years.

[ January 15, 2004, 04:14 PM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Did a silly little compatibility test online based on biorythyms. I had an average compatibility with Viggo of 82%. And though I KNEW it was just a silly game, for a moment it was like, 'oh yeah, baby!' (^_^)

He really falls into that "man o' my dreams" category. Smart, hard-working (commits to things carefully and then throws all his energy into them), puts his son first over work, artistic/talented. The fact that he's gorgeous is like so much icing on an already delicious cake. I'd even just enjoy being friends with the guy.

Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Even though he's single now, what happened to the woman in his life that produced the kid? I always wonder stuff like that... It sounds like the kid lives with him too.

AJ

Vána
Member # 3262

They're divorced, but still friendly. She's the lead singer of a band called X (I don't know anything about them, though).
Posts: 2661 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
X? I knew a girl in high school who was so into them (1987). I think they were alternative before it was called that. Like in the transition from punk to alternative.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vána
Member # 3262

Yeah, that sounds about right. Her names Excene Cervenka or something like that - I can never remember.

I do know she was in a movie with him once, but not one I've seen (yet [Wink] ) so I don't remember which.

Also - I'm not a stalker, I swear!!

Javert Hugo
Member # 3980

- posted      Profile for Javert Hugo   Email Javert Hugo         Edit/Delete Post 
enjeeo!!!
Posts: 1753 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
enjeeo
Member # 2336

- posted      Profile for enjeeo   Email enjeeo         Edit/Delete Post 
Um, yes, it's me...and you are??? (nick change?)
Posts: 2451 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
He's the same age as my pops. Yet, he'd be such a cool friend. He's just so talented. Have you seen those photographs he did? They are nice. And he had some song that sounded like jazz and country @_@
Plus he seems like a very nice and quiet man.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Valentine014
Member # 5981

- posted      Profile for Valentine014           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, Viggo is a looker, but ladies, please.
Posts: 2064 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gottmorder
Member # 5039

- posted      Profile for Gottmorder   Email Gottmorder         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't worry, I can interpret this dream for you. I studied Freud.

*looks through book*

You want to screw your mother.

*looks back in book*

Hey wait a minute! That's his answer to everything! [Big Grin]

Posts: 332 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

EEESH! How dare you post pictures of Elijah Wood in a Viggo thread!

(I'm just kidding, I have a deap-seated love for Elijah Wood and all of his round-eyed cuteness.)

His tender 22(3?) years just can't even compare to this sizzlisciousness. (to quote our beloved Ralphie.)

[Big Grin]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

Is Viggo Mortensen the new Harrison Ford now that Ford is aging more drastically?

I was also thinking last night, that I'd want to see Hidalgo regardless of who was playing the main character. Obviously Viggo has name recognition and draw, but I'd still see it if Owen Wilson was playing the main character.

AJ

[ January 16, 2004, 09:53 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Narnia
Member # 1071

Um...I wouldn't. I don't even mind Owen Wilson actually. I just wouldn't want to see Hidalgo unless the depth of the leading actor seemed to match the scope of the movie. That's just MY opinion though.

*dodges the fists of Owen fans*

[ January 16, 2004, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: Narnia ]

BannaOj
Member # 3206

I don't know, Hidalgo seems like a the kind of "big" film that they've thrown enough money at so it will be cinematically spectacular but that very little acting is truly required by the headlining actor, mostly they just have to be attractive and have name draw. It looks Indiana Jones or Mummy-ish to me otherwise.

Maybe I'm wrong.

AJ

Info on the real Frank Hopkins if you care.
http://www.frankhopkins.com/hopkinshome.html

[ January 16, 2004, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: BannaOj ]

Rhaegar The Fool
Member # 5811

- posted      Profile for Rhaegar The Fool   Email Rhaegar The Fool         Edit/Delete Post 
Your wrong.
Posts: 1900 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Julie
Member # 5580

- posted      Profile for Julie   Email Julie         Edit/Delete Post 
My dad started talking about Seabiscuit when we saw the preview for Hidalgo. [Wall Bash] He listened to the book on tape and talked about it constantly until the movie came out. And he doesn't even tell different parts each time. You hear the same stories over and over and over and over. But Hidalgo looks good! [Big Grin]
Posts: 981 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

Actually apparently they held the release of Hidalgo for almost a year, becuase Disney didn't want it to go at the same time as Seabiscuit, and they were releasing a couple other cutsey horse movies. Then they wanted to wait til the Viggo RotK hubbub died down too for movie attendance so it got pushed back about an entire year.

I started reading about Frank Hopkins the guy that the movie is based on. His biography reads like something out of a Louis L'Amour book. He was apparently the genuine article, coming out of retirement in old age to compete in an 120 mile endurance race when some "young whippersnappers" thought his exploits were overstated.

He came in over an hour ahead of his nearest competition, even though he said he was "stove up for a week afterwards" with his back and hips.

AJ

pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm always teasing spoiler babies, but you might want to put a warning on that, AJ. Of course, I rolled my eyes when we go to see Apollo 13 and it says right in the opening credits that
SPOILER
Moon dude wrote the books, so obviously he lives. Duh. Anyway.

Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

- posted      Profile for Trisha the Severe Hottie   Email Trisha the Severe Hottie         Edit/Delete Post 
: Bump :
The first part of the dream was a bit unpleasant. I was cleaning up my yard and under a patch of snow was the remains of a human head. So I call 911 (which is kind of surprising since in dreams I have a recurrent problem with dialing the phone) and they send over a detective. She's a no nonsense lady who is pretty sure the victim was a case I had heard about through the media (In my dream memory, not in real life I don't think). I ask here if the suspect is from around here, and she indicated they were pretty sure the killer was.

Now a "bad feeling" I do have from real life is something a neighbor told me when we moved in, that nothing bad has ever happened in this neighborhood. That seemed a little weird to me. So in the dream I was suddenly very anxious about going around places and whatnot. I'm also worried my brother is a suspect (worried for him being profiled, not worried that he actually is). But he points out that what the lady said actually indicates she thinks I am guilty. (psychological artifact from playing mafia, I guess).

So my husband gets home, and he is played by Hugh Jackman. The police come to question me and he does kind of a Wolvering/Hulk/Gargoyles transformation. (I'm not into gargoyles, but I saw a preview a few times). It was really weird. Because I wasn't awake, it seemed really cool.

So I guess the weirdest thing is because it was my husband being played by Hugh Jackman, I didn't feel guilty. Whereas my dream about Legolas it was definitely Legolas.

Posts: 666 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

I was wondering whether it was Hugh Jackman or Hugh Grant... though you seem more like a Wolverine type.

AJ

Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
Viggo... yummy yummy man.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

puts *see Hidalgo* on list of things to do this weekend.

AJ

katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
We already did that, remember? [Razz] Viggo is yummy and the scenery is beautiful, but the story needed a subtle screenwriter and better editor.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Trisha the Severe Hottie
Member # 6000

All through the Lori Hacking search I kept thinking at night, when I wasn't really awake, that hers was the head in a bag. In the daytime I'd get rational and realize it wasn't, and refuse to give in to irrational fears by checking inside the woodstove in my backyard. It was a pretty good guage of how stressed I was any given night throughout the summer. OCD sucks.
Sara Sasse
Member # 6804

- posted      Profile for Sara Sasse   Email Sara Sasse         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
So I guess the weirdest thing is because it was my husband being played by Hugh Jackman, I didn't feel guilty.
Nice work. *admiring
Posts: 2919 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Keeping in mind that I've been "off" chocolate for over a year now...

Last night I dreamed that I was dreaming about eating chocolate, and when I "woke up" (still dreaming) I realized "Hey, I've been taking this no chocolate thing way too seriously." So I go in the kitchen to see if any of the chocolate chip cookies are left, and they are all gone though there are some broken Oreo crumbs mixed with some BBQ potato chip scraps in the bottom of a box waiting to be discarded.

In the dream (of being awake) I rationalize that if I exercise, I will reward myself by eating some chocolate, but as I go through my day I just keep eating chocolate and adding up the number of days I will have to do make up exercise to "buy" my fix. We also go to a funeral of a sort of relative and my husband has a large block of Iraqi cheese.

I wonder if it could be one of those semi-aware dreams because all the locations were grounded in reality and the taste sensations were really specific. Anyway, I was so glad when I woke up that it really was a dream. Not that I might not start eating chocolate again someday (the trick is to avoid absolutistic thinking) just that I was so out of control with it.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Book
Member # 5500

- posted      Profile for Book           Edit/Delete Post 
Your post count is the mark of the beast, trish. Fyi.
Posts: 2258 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
Ya don't say?
You know, I cut check @ 13-666 at the synagogue today. It was for the caterer doing a B'nai Mitzvah.

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
peterh
Member # 5208

- posted      Profile for peterh   Email peterh         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care what you call yourself tr-ook-ee...

I like you.

[Wave]

Posts: 995 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mothertree
Member # 4999

[Kiss]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.