FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » 7 AM and I'm still awake.

Author Topic: 7 AM and I'm still awake.
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
The last couple of weeks of engineering school have been among the hardest of my undergraduate career.

This is ridiculous. I just worked on a relatively short assignment for more than twelve consecutive hours without stopping for food, sleep, or anything but occasional trips to the bathroom.

And I haven't even found a job for after graduation yet. [Frown]

Bah.

...on the bright side, not having a job but having a small surplus of money means I can spend the summer in whatever central Canadian city I choose while I look for a job. Toronto or Montréal... hmmm...

...I wonder if it's even worth going to bed. I'll have to get up in ~2.5 hours anyway.

Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ayelar
Member # 183

- posted      Profile for Ayelar   Email Ayelar         Edit/Delete Post 
I hear you. I'm working a full-time job, and then immediately afterwards heading to the animation lab each evening for another 6 or 7 hours. And I didn't get a weekend this week. [Razz]
Posts: 2220 | Registered: Jun 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chaeron
Member # 744

- posted      Profile for Chaeron   Email Chaeron         Edit/Delete Post 
Don't bother sleeping. I've already given up hope of doing so, and it's only 4:20 out here. Hmmm, that reminds me, back in a min.
Posts: 1769 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh damn, twink. That's terrible. And 2.5 hours is enough time to get at least one cycle of sleep. I should know, that's how much I got before I came here to work.

Don't let yourself get stressed, because that just makes everything harder.

...But I suppose I'm a terrible example at this point. [Frown]

Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarahdipity
Member # 3254

- posted      Profile for sarahdipity   Email sarahdipity         Edit/Delete Post 
Just hang in there. The last few weeks of my ugrad were awful too but it'll be done soon and you can sleep sleep sleep.
Posts: 872 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.