FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » If you vote for Kerry...

Author Topic: If you vote for Kerry...
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
we'll all die! Bush has got 3 H bombs set up -- if he loses, he'll take us all down with him!

In other news, I just got my wisdom teeth pulled. Being knocked out was weird.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

- posted      Profile for CStroman   Email CStroman         Edit/Delete Post 
Were they impacted or had they already come in?
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
I expected this to be an "If you give a mouse a cookie...." type of thread.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
You're saying Kerry's going to want a glass of milk?

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

You never know. These political canidates can get kinda pushy.
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
First milk, then the vice presidency for that toady Edwards, what a jerk. [Grumble]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Phanto
Member # 5897

- posted      Profile for Phanto           Edit/Delete Post 
One had come in; the others were growing in weird directions. Strange!

Of course, the weirdest part was during the surgery. I kept flipping into counsciousness for a couple of seconds -- and saw hallucinations! The walls were changing shape, the ceiling running away in streams of brown fire.

Intresting.

Posts: 3060 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

quote:
One had come in; the others were growing in weird directions. Strange!

Funny that when we're young we have more teeth than our mouths can comfortably hold and then when we're old, we can't stop them from falling out.... [Wink]
Posts: 1533 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eduardo_Sauron
Member # 5827

- posted      Profile for Eduardo_Sauron   Email Eduardo_Sauron         Edit/Delete Post 
You tell them, pops! [Wink]
Posts: 1785 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
I had mine cut out... I remember it fairly well, an unfortunate 'disability' of mine is that, my brain tends to fight off things like the pain killer loopyness drugs... Heh, it hurt me fairly badly.
Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
I had all mine (all three of them) removed...the gas worked, but no weird stuff. I was kind of disappointed.
Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Danzig avoiding landmarks
Member # 6792

- posted      Profile for Danzig avoiding landmarks           Edit/Delete Post 
Hallucinations? What did they give you?

I actually enjoyed getting my wisdom teeth out. Free narcotics and my parents insisted on waiting upon me for a couple of days.

Posts: 281 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dan_raven
Member # 3383

- posted      Profile for Dan_raven   Email Dan_raven         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Were they impacted or had they already come in?
The H-Bombs or the teeth?
Posts: 11895 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KarlEd
Member # 571

- posted      Profile for KarlEd   Email KarlEd         Edit/Delete Post 
I never cut wisdom teeth. And since they are basically superfluous, I consider that a step up on the evolutionary ladder. [Big Grin]
Posts: 6394 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CStroman
Member # 6872

I had all 4 of mine removed as Pre-Mission requirements to serve in a foreign country. They were impacted so they had to put me under.

I remember laying there, then when I woke up I was at home in bed.

My mom said I woke up after the operation. Sat there while they monitor you to make sure you don't have any side effects, then walked out to the van, rode home, walked into the house, and then laid down...

I don't remember ANY of that.

She said I answered questions when asked, etc. etc.

ElJay
Member # 6358

I had two of my wisdom teeth removed almost exactly a year ago. My fiance at the time dropped me off and came back to pick me up, and then took me to my parent's house. Mom came home from work to watch over me while I was still drugged while Grant went to work.

So, we didn't know exactly how long it was going to take, so the plan was to call mom at work afterwards and let her know we were on the way. I remember waking up in the recovery room, and the nice nurse wheeling me downstairs and telling me that Grant had gone to bring the car around. I scared the bejebes out of the nurse, 'cause when she stopped the wheelchair I popped right up out of it on my own... apparently I was supposed to wait for help. Anyway, got in the car, we start off, and I call and leave messages for mom at home and work. The whole thing was rather uneventful.

Months later I'm at my parent's house, sitting in the kitchen, and Mom gets this look on her face, and says she has something for me to listen to. She goes to the phone, puts it on speaker and pulls up her voicemail, and plays a saved message.

I can recognize that it sounds somewhat like my voice, but I have no idea what I'm saying. If I thought it was possible, I'd have said it was a recording from when I was about 3 years old, if I had ever been drunk at three. All the while she's standing there laughing at me.

Of course, it was the message I'd left on my way there from having my wisdom teeth pulled. She played it for me three or four times until I figured it out, making snarky comments all the while.

She is a mean, mean person.

BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, one of the 9 teeth I have left is a wisdom tooth. When I get the rest pulled, they WILL be putting me out like they did for the 14 I had pulled the last time.
Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vadon
Member # 4561

- posted      Profile for Vadon           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh, I vaguely remember what happened after I woke up...

I started talking to my mother along the lines of this...

Me: So... When can we go?(loopily)
Mom: When they come back with a wheel chair.
Me: Oh... So .... When can we go?
Mom, never ceasing to be patient: When they come back with the wheel chair.
Me: I can walk.
Mom: I know, but it's a rule that you use a wheel chair... Kinda the term, "Whatever you do, do not sue."
(I kept saying I could walk, even while being wheeled out.)

Then, all loopiness was gone upon reaching the front door... And the pain kicked in.

[ October 06, 2004, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Vadon ]

Posts: 1831 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dkw
Member # 3264

- posted      Profile for dkw   Email dkw         Edit/Delete Post 
*grin*

When I had mine out I wasn’t put under – just 14 shots of Novocain. Which Mom now insists has mind-altering properties, because of the way I acted while waiting for the dentist to come back (poking my face and pulling on my lips because they felt so weird with no tension in them) and at the store we stopped at on the way home (drooling blood out of the corners of my mouth and hissing at random strangers).

Posts: 9866 | Registered: Apr 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

quote:
(drooling blood out of the corners of my mouth and hissing at random strangers).
Why'd she think the noviccane had anything to do with that?
Verily the Younger
Member # 6705

- posted      Profile for Verily the Younger   Email Verily the Younger         Edit/Delete Post 
Mine haven't come in yet. And the longer it takes, the worse the anticipation gets. Part of me wishes they'd hurry up and get on with it so we can get this over with. [Angst]
Posts: 1814 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BookWyrm
Member # 2192

- posted      Profile for BookWyrm   Email BookWyrm         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't remember leaving the dentists office last time. I know my dad took me and came back to get me (he had to do a little town running around thing).
He told me they admonished him to not allow me to drive. He tells them "Drive hell! He can hardly walk!"
I'm glad they waited to put the novacaine in AFTER I was out. Due to my ummmmm unique circumstances, they HAVE to put me under before they start to do anything other than take x-rays.

Posts: 986 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.