FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Dolores Claiborne ... HELP, PLEASE!!

Author Topic: Dolores Claiborne ... HELP, PLEASE!!
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
I started reading Dolores Claiborne yesterday,and just "finished" it. I say finished in inverted commas because one of the last pages has been ripped out! (I bought it at a second hand bookstore). The page in my edition (New English Library paperback, 1993)that is missing is page 301 and 302, one and a half pages before the end of Dolores's confession. The page before ends with the start of this sentence:"Life ain't an either-or proposition, you see, and if I ever...". The next present page starts off: "Vera was right when she said that sometimes a woman has to be a bitch to survive, but bein a bitch is hard work, I'll tell the world it is, n I was so tired."
Can someone provide me with or help me find online what's on the missing page, PLEASE?

Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Zeugma
Member # 6636

- posted      Profile for Zeugma   Email Zeugma         Edit/Delete Post 
You're in luck, that book is searchable on Amazon.com. Just enter the phrase life ain't an either-or proposition phrase in the search field, and you can read a few pages.

[Smile]

Posts: 1681 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cashew
Member # 6023

- posted      Profile for Cashew   Email Cashew         Edit/Delete Post 
thankyou Zeugma [Smile]
Posts: 867 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.