FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » The Camdens just ORDERED me to vote.

Author Topic: The Camdens just ORDERED me to vote.
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
man are they pushy. fictitious people on my television are actually ordering me to do stuff now.

it's Pandelerium!

[ October 11, 2004, 08:56 PM: Message edited by: Ben ]

Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Dang that show irratates me... Which is why I no longer watch it...
I didn't even see more than a few seconds of that episode.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fyfe
Member # 937

- posted      Profile for Fyfe   Email Fyfe         Edit/Delete Post 
Start more threads! And more, and more! yay for threads!

Er.

Posts: 910 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ryuko
Member # 5125

- posted      Profile for Ryuko   Email Ryuko         Edit/Delete Post 
Camdens?
Posts: 4816 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what you get for watching a show that is thinly-veiled propaganda.
Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
breyerchic04
Member # 6423

- posted      Profile for breyerchic04   Email breyerchic04         Edit/Delete Post 
7th heavan
Posts: 5362 | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Irami Osei-Frimpong
Member # 2229

- posted      Profile for Irami Osei-Frimpong   Email Irami Osei-Frimpong         Edit/Delete Post 
Ruth, I don't know anything about this show, but I figure if you are going to take the time to come out of the wood work for a slam there is a story there. What's the show about?
Posts: 5600 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brinestone
Member # 5755

- posted      Profile for Brinestone   Email Brinestone         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh, I haven't seen it in years. It's a "family" show in which each episode shows at least one of the kids (often all of them at the same time in the same way) sinning in some way. For instance, Simon will cheat on a test, Ruthie will steal a cookie, Lucy will lie about where she's been, etc. The father is a pastor. He and his wife inevitably help the kids to see the light and be good. It's silly to the point of making me want to cry because religion and goodness and trying to be better shouldn't be so corny and shouldn't feel so much like propaganda. It leaves a bad taste in my mouth. [Smile]

And Irami, I've just been busy. Oh, and GalacticCactus (Jon Boy's site) is taking up more of my time. I've never been a big crowd person, and I like the slower pace and familiar feel of it. I still read Hatrack for the challenge, though.

[ October 12, 2004, 12:20 AM: Message edited by: Brinestone ]

Posts: 1903 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
It is soooo irratating because-
Most of them are blonde.
The twins are dragged out for cuteness factor
That mother DRIVES ME NUTS! She is always meddling. I hate her. And Lucy too. She is so bXXchy and she STILL got that handsome cop as a boyfriend when she is a SHREW!
That is so unfair!

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ben
Member # 6117

- posted      Profile for Ben   Email Ben         Edit/Delete Post 
it's not a good show by any means.
Posts: 1572 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink]

Of your 4 reasons for disliking the show, Syn, two of them have to do with physical appearence-- which no one has control over.

Why does being blonde make you not like them?

My kids are all blonde-- do you hate them?

My kids are all cute. . . does the fact that I have cute children and bring them out in public mean I am in any way degredating their childhood?

[Wink]

I was over at my father-in-law's house, fiddling with his broadband internet connection (duh, should've called the ISP first off-- turns out there's an outage in the area), and 7th Heaven was on. I didn't pay much attention to it. I heard something about voting and almost fell asleep.

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't seen it, but I've read some of the TWOP recaps. The recapper absolutely hates the show, so the recaps are hilarious.
Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wendybird
Member # 84

- posted      Profile for Wendybird   Email Wendybird         Edit/Delete Post 
When it first started it used to be a pretty decent show. Lately though it iritates me more and more. Last night bothered me so much I left the room. It used to be a show I could watch with my kids and not have to worry about garbage but more and more I'm not sure anymore. Its turned into little more than a religious themed soap opera.
Posts: 1132 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I always think of this as the show with the woman from Star Trek IV and the man from Star Trek TMP in it. I don't think I've actually seen an episode.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dagonee
Member # 5818

- posted      Profile for Dagonee           Edit/Delete Post 
I think of it as "that show with the Mom from Chucky."

Yes, I know the movie wasn't called "Chucky." But that's how I think of it.

Dagonee

Posts: 26071 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.