FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I can't sleep, and I can't remember the dream that woke me up

Author Topic: I can't sleep, and I can't remember the dream that woke me up
katharina
Member # 827

- posted      Profile for katharina   Email katharina         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't remember any of it. That's weird - I usually do. I think. It's 3:30 in the morning and I was only asleep for a few hours. This is weird. And I'm tired.

Time to find warm milk. I need to be awake tomorrow.

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
[Sleep]

[Group Hug]

Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't fallen alseep yet.. IT'S SO LATE IT'S NOW early.
Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aspectre
Member # 2222

- posted      Profile for aspectre           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you woke me up, so ya owe me a dream. Yep, your posting, without any responses then, was at the top.
And yep, I do have a computer within a reachover&key from my bed. And yep, that's pathetic.

[ October 12, 2004, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: aspectre ]

Posts: 8501 | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

*grin*

I had warm milk and then fell asleep with the light on reading Terry Pratchett. I feel about twelve but at least I slept. [Smile]

Posts: 26077 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mabus
Member # 6320

- posted      Profile for Mabus   Email Mabus         Edit/Delete Post 
How the heck do you people do that, Kath?

The only times I've ever fallen asleep without first properly tucking myself into bed, I was either 3 years old or breathing surgical anesthetic gas.

[ October 12, 2004, 08:40 AM: Message edited by: Mabus ]

Posts: 1114 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scott R
Member # 567

- posted      Profile for Scott R   Email Scott R         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I can't sleep, and I can't remember the dream that woke me up
Guilty conscience.

[Big Grin]

Posts: 14554 | Registered: Dec 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Mabus, I'm with you. [Eek!]

Sleep, ever elusive. Sigh.

Zzzzzzzzzz

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

Mabus: Sadly, I do it ALL THE TIME. I fall asleep on the couch reading with the light on, and them move to bed around one or so when it wakes me up. This time I just had the bedside lamp, which isn't that bright. Besides being the slowest in its class, it has a cobalt blue shade that looks very cool and star-trekky but sucks all the red out of the light so it's hard to see and the room is darker. I guess it's not surprising.

ScottR: How did you know? </King Lamoni syndrome>

[ October 12, 2004, 09:01 AM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a freaky political dream, which is not typical for me. I dreamt that Kerry mopped the floor with Bush in the next debate--I mean, to the point that even Barbara Bush would have to be embarrassed for him--and that on election day, Bush attempted a coup. I woke up before discovering if it succeeded or failed (or if Kerry survived).

[Angst]

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
Which book?
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

The Colour of Magic

Pansy British spelling... [Razz]

celia60
Member # 2039

- posted      Profile for celia60   Email celia60         Edit/Delete Post 
I was very close to typing "witch book?" thinking it was witches abroad since that was the one that knocked me out a few times. [Smile]
Posts: 3956 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Teshi
Member # 5024

- posted      Profile for Teshi   Email Teshi         Edit/Delete Post 
This moirning I dreamt I had not only overslept but also gone and stolen a book from someone the hall. I worke up thinking "Oh crumpets, how am I going to explain it to her?"

It was creepy.

Posts: 8473 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Synesthesia
Member # 4774

- posted      Profile for Synesthesia   Email Synesthesia         Edit/Delete Post 
Last week I had a dream about an old house of mine. There was water dripping out of the wardrobe and suddenly terrorists appeared behind the wall acting nice, but they weren't. They tried to ettack me, so I beat them with a chair and then went outside and flew away.
I think I was thirsty...
Last night I didn't get to bed until 5am.

Posts: 9942 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BannaOj
Member # 3206

- posted      Profile for BannaOj   Email BannaOj         Edit/Delete Post 
The last dream I had that I remember was a Hatrack/OSC dream that was a combination of the Worthing Saga and Homecoming.

Basically a spaceship malfunctioned killing all the adults but one guy, who then had to revive all the children from stasis(though they had their memories) Then he raised them all, til they were self sustaining as far as a colony went. Once they were self sustaining he put on the starcaptian's cloak like Shedemei (sp?) and went back into stasis in the space ship, coming out to kick the colony's ass whenever everyone got too testy and things were on the verge of getting out of hand.

Haven't had a dream I remember since. The funny thing is that it has been a couple months since I finished the Homecoming series and I think a year since I read the Worthing Saga.

AJ

Posts: 11265 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
katharina
Member # 827

quote:
so ya owe me a dream.
You start out at the top of a mountain, in cool, blue mist. Out of the corner of your eye, you see something move, something run. You watch yourself take off after it, racing down the trail and into the wildnerness. What you're chasing is out of sight, but you realize you are lost.

There's a fire in front of you, and you climb the stairs to the fire that seems to always be above. You're on the top of the bleachers now, and the bonfire at the football game is dying down, along with the shouts and cheers and chatter. No one can see you above them, and the faceless masses shift just above perception. It's night now, and you wait for the stadium to empty, lit only by the fire and a hardened, unhelpful moon. It's time to run again, but your ethernet cord won't let you take your computer with you. You wake up in a panic.

Added: *hugs Kama*

[ October 12, 2004, 12:13 PM: Message edited by: katharina ]

Christy
Member # 4397

- posted      Profile for Christy   Email Christy         Edit/Delete Post 
I had many dreams last night that I actually remembered this morning, which is rare. Sadly, I no longer remember them except to remember that I remembered them.

I have a vague recollection of one being about Sophie holding her head up and one that started out in the library but morphed into something else.

Yaay for Terry Pratchett!
If you think the spelling is odd, ask Tom to pronounce "color" sometime *grin*

Posts: 1777 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.