FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Season Finale Night on Sci Fi Friday

Author Topic: Season Finale Night on Sci Fi Friday
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
Season Finale Night on Sci Fi Friday.
Sweet!
Glad the VCR is set.....

STARGATE SG-1 MOEBIUS, PART 2
With the timeline changed by SG-1's actions in the distant past, an alternate version of SG-1 must use the newly-discovered time ship to set things right.

STARGATE ATLANTIS THE SIEGE, PART 2
A new military contingent from Earth is sent to take command of Atlantis and defend it from the impending Wraith attack.

BATTLESTAR GALACTICA KOBOL'S LAST GLEAMING, PART 1
The fleet discovers the planet Kobol.

Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elizabeth
Member # 5218

- posted      Profile for Elizabeth   Email Elizabeth         Edit/Delete Post 
But, but...Battlestar Galactica just started! And I only saw one show. No, two. Dang.
Posts: 10890 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheTick
Member # 2883

- posted      Profile for TheTick   Email TheTick         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm two episodes behind on BSG - I was three but I watched the one with Tigh's wife last night to clear space on my tape for tonight's episode.
Posts: 5422 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Battlestar Galactica is a two parter that will also be new next week. Season 2 will begin this summer. Sweet!!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Katarain
Member # 6659

- posted      Profile for Katarain   Email Katarain         Edit/Delete Post 
So how long before the next Stargate seasons start??

Anybody know??

Posts: 2880 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
James Tiberius Kirk
Member # 2832

- posted      Profile for James Tiberius Kirk           Edit/Delete Post 
W0000000t! Some forums say that this episode of BSG one will be even better than "Hand of God". I wring my hands in eager anticipation [Big Grin]

--j_k

Posts: 3617 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I *love* SG-1!

I *hate* time travel.

*tries to reconcile the two*

Though the whole AlternateReality!Jack, AlternateReality!Sam, and Real!Daniel love triangle is funny funny.

[ March 25, 2005, 08:53 PM: Message edited by: sarcasticmuppet ]

Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Katarin, looks like it'll be July.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
OMFG! These were some of the best episodes ever! Yay! Long live the Lords of Kobol!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Huh. We saw them weeks ago. [Big Grin]

New season for Stargate/Atlantis is in June. [Big Grin]

Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Carrie
Member # 394

- posted      Profile for Carrie   Email Carrie         Edit/Delete Post 
Slight spoiler warning, come to think of it...

I have to agree that tonight's BSG was one of the best I've seen. And for whatever reason, I loved it when Apollo decked Starbuck. "You have to lose control," indeed. I think next Friday is going to be all BSG, so that's a good thing.

And I don't really like the new Colonel on Atlantis.

Is it July yet? I need to find Season 4 of SG-1 to catch up a bit more, so maybe a break from new shows is ideal. Or not [Smile]

Posts: 3932 | Registered: Sep 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

- posted      Profile for Shigosei   Email Shigosei         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Moebius, while fun, was a letdown after Reckoning.

SPOILERS!!!

I'm not sure the writers pulled off an airtight time-travel story--is there only one timeline that keeps getting overwritten, or are two universes now devoid of Sam, Daniel, Jack and Teal'c? Does the fish in the pond now give the powers that be the excuse that any continuity errors are changes in the timeline? Did alt-Sam, alt-Jack and our Daniel v1.0 remained trapped in the past for the rest of their lives, and what sort of damage would that do to the timeline? Are there now *three* puddle jumpers available to the SGC?

Also, are the writers going to make a habit of killing off important recurring characters in the second-to-last episode of every season? I miss Jacob/Selmak already. They were great characters.

Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MEC
Member # 2968

- posted      Profile for MEC   Email MEC         Edit/Delete Post 
the team in ancient egypt said they would destroy the gate-ship (puddle jumper makes me gag) once the revolt is complete.
Posts: 2489 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
fugu13
Member # 2859

- posted      Profile for fugu13   Email fugu13         Edit/Delete Post 
Stargate's always had huge continuity problems, its actually one of the things I like about it. They're willing to screw the continuity in order to have a better storyline.
Posts: 15770 | Registered: Dec 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Puffy Treat
Member # 7210

- posted      Profile for Puffy Treat           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have the problem that whenever they do a web search for information on Battlestar Galactica episodes, the first sites that pop up turn out to contain anti-Mormon screeds?

I know that Glen A Larson used some science fictionalized versions of certain LDS beliefs for the original series, but more than a few fan-sites seem to use that as a spring board for "This is what Mormons _really_ believe! Don't you let those evil missionaries in! Journal of Discourses! CULT! Yadda-yadda-yadda." [Roll Eyes]

Anyway, I missed the new episode. Can anyone spoil it for me? Either with spoiler tags or by email.

Thanks.

Posts: 6689 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

Gateworld will probably have a transcript up soon.
Posts: 3546 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched the SG:1 finale that I had taped.

It was awesome! [Big Grin]

Spoiler:
And I loved that Sam kissed O'Neal, even if it was their alternate selves. [Smile]

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
ME TOO! And when O'Neal was like "you like DANIEL? First impressions and all...I thought he was.. um.. you know... a little... nevermind." Hilarious!
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DF2506
Member # 6847

- posted      Profile for DF2506   Email DF2506         Edit/Delete Post 
Stargate last night was good for the most part (I love time travel, so I really enjoyed this two-parter). I enjoyed it. Although I didn't like how they copped out near the end by not showing the big fight and the taking of the Stargate. *sigh*

Best moment of SG-1 though: Durning the commericals, they showed a preview for SG-1 season 9 with Ben Browder!! Thats going to be so cool!

As for Atlantis, it was really good. Much better then Pt. 1. Lots of action and a cool cliffhanger.

Best moment: the fight for the city. Waiths coming into the city, ships overhead, lots of action. Very cool!

Best of all though, imo, was Battlestar Galactica! WOW! This show is just so awesome. I love it. From start to finish, this was prob the best episode so far. Wow. Just amazing. I can't wait till next Friday. Oh man. Its going to be great.

Best moment: There are so many! I can't choose!

BSG is such a cool series!

DF2506
" Too bad we have to wait till summer to see SG-1 season 9 and Battlestar Galatica season 2! "

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Shigosei
Member # 3831

SPOILERS
Eruve, I thought it was highly amusing that things were blowing up around them when they kissed--as if it were fireworks. I wonder if alt-Sam and alt-Jack married... Also, I like the use of the "reproductive organs on the inside" line that Sam used in Children of the Gods.

sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I thought that was halarious from last week's episode. Alt-Sam's like "And don't think that just because my reproductive organs are on the inside...no, that's so stupid, who would ever say that?!?" [ROFL]
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Eruve Nandiriel
Member # 5677

- posted      Profile for Eruve Nandiriel   Email Eruve Nandiriel         Edit/Delete Post 
Shigosei- I noticed that too, and I thought "aww, they had fireworks!" [Smile]

I was laughing out loud during that episode, it was so funny. Especially when they would bring back old characters.

Posts: 4174 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Khavanon
Member # 929

- posted      Profile for Khavanon   Email Khavanon         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm really impressed with the new Battlestar Galactica. The characters, the story, the milieu, it's all very, very good. Extremely addictive. I just finished season one (episode 13). That was probably the best cliff-hanger I've ever seen.

Gah! The waiting...

Posts: 2523 | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.