FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Geoff, I think he might just pass...

Author Topic: Geoff, I think he might just pass...
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
...and therefore, graduate.

I was in a flurry to get all my stuff together on my way out of the high school this afternoon. John (the real teacher) was listening to mock senior seminar presentations.

[side note]Our seniors have to do a rather large project and present in front of a panel in order to graduate. It's rather intimidating. They have a community consultant in the field that they're researching, they do work, service, research etc, all with the final purpose of answering their ESSENTIAL QUESTION. dum dum DUM![/side note]

Anyway, I heard a few as I was rushing around and on my way out I heard the words "My community consultant for this project was Geoff Card." [Big Grin] Yeah, I had to grin. I also had to stay around and listen to the rest of his presentation.

He's not the most exciting person to listen to, but his speech was really organized and interesting and I'm sure he'll pass just beautifully. And his essential question, which is something like "How do you create/design a video game?" was addressed and answered. [Smile]

It made me smile, simply because Hatrack seriously saved this kid's butt. Well, I did. Then Geoff did. [Big Grin]

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dragon
Member # 3670

- posted      Profile for Dragon   Email Dragon         Edit/Delete Post 
My school does something really similar to that, we call them senior projects, and people are presenting them this week. Is your school part of the Coalition of Essential Schools?
Posts: 3420 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

It's possible. I'm not sure because I'm only student teaching there, but this district is supposedly to become the model for the entire state of Oregon. They say that by 2007 ALL students will have to do a senior seminar project.

In all honesty, these high school projects are more involved than the 'Senior capstone' that I had to do to graduate from COLLEGE. Sheesh!

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

*bump*
Puppy
Member # 6721

- posted      Profile for Puppy   Email Puppy         Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome! Congratulate him for me!
Posts: 1539 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

I will. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.