FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Egyptian blasts death toll now at 88

Author Topic: Egyptian blasts death toll now at 88
Amanecer
Member # 4068

- posted      Profile for Amanecer   Email Amanecer         Edit/Delete Post 
49 Dead, 200 Hurt
quote:
Three car bombs exploded in quick succession in the Red Sea resort of Sharm el-Sheik early Saturday, ripping through a hotel and a coffeeshop packed with European and Egyptian tourists. The province governor said at least 49 people died in the deadliest attack in Egypt in nearly a decade.

[Frown]

[ July 23, 2005, 02:37 PM: Message edited by: Amanecer ]

Posts: 1947 | Registered: Aug 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ketchupqueen
Member # 6877

- posted      Profile for ketchupqueen   Email ketchupqueen         Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 21182 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Rico
Member # 7533

- posted      Profile for Rico           Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda hard to not lose hope in the world when so many horrible things keep happening one after the other [Frown]
Posts: 459 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ElJay
Member # 6358

- posted      Profile for ElJay           Edit/Delete Post 
[Frown]
Posts: 7954 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

- posted      Profile for Beanny   Email Beanny         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to update this...but the casualties are 88 already.
Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

After reading various articles by several analyzers, I believe this is a declaration of war on the moderate Islam.

A probable goal of the recent terror attacks in the west (London, Madrid, New York) is to isolate the Middle East from foreign intervention. Terrorists want to encourage separatism in the west and cause them to take their noses, hands and all other body parts out of the Middle East.
This is in order to defeat the current Arabic regime – especially in relatively pro-peace countries such as Jordan and Egypt.

The moderate Islam, however, instead of facing the problem, prefers to stick its head in the sand. VIPs and strategists in Egypt hint that this is an action of the Mossad. After all, Muslims could not have executed a deed so terrible…

Posts: 803 | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
twinky
Member # 693

- posted      Profile for twinky   Email twinky         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure I agree in this case, because the attack was on a tourist resort. I think they were just trying to kill Westerners.
Posts: 10886 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beanny
Member # 7109

But twinky, also non-westerners were killed. Not that the terrorists care about sacrificing even the innocent of their own people, but wouldn't it be more effective and terrifying if they would bomb Toronto? France? (Israel doesn't matter to the world and the Palestinians are doing a good job without direct El-Quida manpower anyway...so that wouldn't have the same effect). It's not such a major logistic mission. Take a dim man or woman of a low status and of middle-eastern orientation, give them a bomb, tell them to run inside and press a button...

No, this is a message. "You cooperate with the west - be prepared to face the consequences".

[ July 23, 2005, 02:35 PM: Message edited by: Beanny ]

Lyrhawn
Member # 7039

- posted      Profile for Lyrhawn   Email Lyrhawn         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with that. They do seem to be attacking moderate governments with somewhat pro-western stances.

If we start to see attacks in Kuwait, or Bahrain then it'll certainly confirm the pattern.

Posts: 21898 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.