FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » How do you rinse?

Author Topic: How do you rinse?
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
After I rinse with Colgate mouth rinse, I always rinse again with water. Am I supposed to do that?

Do you just rinse with your mouthwash and let it work its' thing, or do you rinse with mouthwash and rinse again to get out the mouthwash?

I don't use Listerine.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Nick
Member # 4311

- posted      Profile for Nick           Edit/Delete Post 
Well they say rinsing for 30 seconds kill the germs, so letting it sit after spitting it out seems excessive or unnecessary. I always rinse again with water too.
Posts: 4229 | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elmer's Glue
Member # 9313

- posted      Profile for Elmer's Glue   Email Elmer's Glue         Edit/Delete Post 
Listerine burns too much. I can't take 30 seconds of it. I usually give up after 10 and spit it out. Then rinse with water because it burns.
I've tried diluting it, but it still burns and something tells me it makes it not work very much.
I've never even seen Colgate mouth rinse.
I've tried the alcohol free Crest kind. It doesn't burn, but it seems to leave residue.
The real question is, do you rinse before, or after brushing?

Posts: 1287 | Registered: Apr 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Telperion the Silver
Member # 6074

- posted      Profile for Telperion the Silver   Email Telperion the Silver         Edit/Delete Post 
I usually rinse after brushing. Figure I'd clean all the micro cuts left by the toothbrush.
Posts: 4953 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tante Shvester
Member # 8202

- posted      Profile for Tante Shvester   Email Tante Shvester         Edit/Delete Post 
I rinse with water. I would never put Listerine in my mouth. I use it as a pimple remedy.
Posts: 10397 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Belle
Member # 2314

- posted      Profile for Belle   Email Belle         Edit/Delete Post 
I use Listerine, I love it! I don't follow with water. The Listerine quits burning after only a few seconds, you get used to it. I floss first, then brush, then rinse with water to get toothpaste residue out of my mouth, then follow with Listerine. No second water rinse.

When I was a teen I had massive problems with gingivitis - my dentist recommended Listerine so I began using it then and I've never had problems with it since.

Posts: 14428 | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
Some rinses are designed for before or after. I forget which, though.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lem
Member # 6914

- posted      Profile for lem           Edit/Delete Post 
My dentist told me that Listerine was bad for the gums and told me to use the Colegate...(or is it Crest?). I said I use Colegate, but I think it might actually be Crest.

I think he said something about it stripping cells off your gums and making them weaker.

Posts: 2445 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
When I saw the thread title, I really thought it was going to be about hair rinse -- you know, like the rinse after your shampoo.

Because I've heard all the past stories about catching rain-water and using it to rinse, or using vinegar for a final rinse for your hair, etc.

*slinks out of thread*

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Little_Doctor
Member # 6635

- posted      Profile for Little_Doctor   Email Little_Doctor         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Tante Shvester:
I rinse with water. I would never put Listerine in my mouth. I use it as a pimple remedy.

I'm curious to know how it can be used to get rid of pimples.
Posts: 1401 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pH
Member # 1350

- posted      Profile for pH           Edit/Delete Post 
I like Listerine because it seems to be the only mouthwash that heals cuts or canker sores overnight. I use the "natural citrus" or whatever one that doesn't burn nearly as much as the regular.

-pH

Posts: 9057 | Registered: Nov 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.