FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Need Advice: Letter of Dispute

Author Topic: Need Advice: Letter of Dispute
BandoCommando
Member # 7746

- posted      Profile for BandoCommando           Edit/Delete Post 
Last month, I moved out of an apartment and into a new one. I just received a summary from my old apartment relating to the costs of turning over the unit to be subracted from our deposit.

It turns out that they are charging us for several things that are not our fault, that were reported by us when we moved in. I spoke with the manager at length and she asked that I write a letter of dispute regarding the issues in question. If anyone has any input or tips for having success in disputes like these, I'd appreciate it.

Further info:

-We took pictures and submitted an additional report of our own on the condition of the apartment when we moved in. Management changed during our occupancy and some of these filed documents may have been 'lost' in the turnover to new management. Nevertheless, I retained copies.

-One of the biggest charges on the breakdown is the cost of painting, citing 8 hours of labor (3 for prepping, 5 for painting). The apartment was not freshly painted when we moved in last year, and now they are attempting to charge us for the painting. We need to contest that there was no damage to the paintjob beyond wear and tear and the condition present at move-in, EXCEPT...we did have a few places where we drilled into the wall and patched it up afterwards. This was not painted over.

Thanks for your help!

Posts: 1099 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.