FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » Bad day for power outtage

Author Topic: Bad day for power outtage
Christine
Member # 8594

- posted      Profile for Christine   Email Christine         Edit/Delete Post 
So this morning my son was scheduled to have tubes put in his ears. No big deal, totally routine, right? Well, it started out that way. We woke him at 6 (an hour earlier than usual) and took him to the outpatient surgery center with no breakfast or liquids.

We had some trouble finding it. Their directions said it was visible from the highway but we didn't see it and after fifteen minutes of driving around we called to find out that they were having electrical problems and their sign was out -- but they got us there. They weren't fussed that we were late because they were on backup generators and nobody was going anywhere.

They didn't get the power back on until 10:00. We spent 3 hours in the waiting room with a hungry, tired, and thirsty toddler (actually, there were several of them), trying our best to distract them for some unspecified length of time with movies like "The Land Before Time" which work much better for school-aged children.

Really, my son was terrific. All things considered.

Oh well, at least we're home now and Drake is sleeping off the anesthetic.

Posts: 2392 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tatiana
Member # 6776

- posted      Profile for Tatiana   Email Tatiana         Edit/Delete Post 
Power outages suck. Glad Drake is okay. [Smile]
Posts: 6246 | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.