FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Books, Films, Food and Culture » I heard you liked your Dept. of Homeland Security, shame if something happened to it.

Author Topic: I heard you liked your Dept. of Homeland Security, shame if something happened to it.
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
The continuing resolution to fund the DHS has failed a floor vote, the Speaker of the House will be probably be forced to pass a clean funding bill at some point but until then funding expires at midnight and it isn't likely happening today.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
And... it's gone!
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Wingracer
Member # 12293

- posted      Profile for Wingracer           Edit/Delete Post 
You heard wrong, I don't like it.
Posts: 891 | Registered: Feb 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I don't think anybody actually liked the Department of Homeland Security.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

- posted      Profile for Elison R. Salazar   Email Elison R. Salazar         Edit/Delete Post 
Its more ironic because bundling it together to be Too-Big-To-Fail with a bunch of useful things that are bipartisan was the GOP's idea to make it difficult to defund and whelp, now a Democrat is in control of it doing things the GOP *gasp* doesn't like about it! So now they are in a pickle and need to be unpickled.
Posts: 12931 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Stone_Wolf_
Member # 8299

- posted      Profile for Stone_Wolf_           Edit/Delete Post 
Can't be the mother land...that's Rusky and heaven forbid da fathur l und!
Posts: 6683 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orincoro
Member # 8854

- posted      Profile for Orincoro   Email Orincoro         Edit/Delete Post 
It's quite interesting that these events are unfolding in totally different ways right now on House of Cards- released yesterday.
Posts: 9912 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Elison R. Salazar
Member # 8565

They managed to get a 7 day extension so 170,000 people get to be paid! Seems like it'll be a clean CR to Sept 30th now.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.