FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Archives » Landmark Threads » My Hatrack 2nd anniversary (Page 2)

This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   
Author Topic: My Hatrack 2nd anniversary
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
The trouble with heartfelt toast is that it gets all soggy with blood and no matter how much jam you put on it, it never tastes the same. And half the time, the pumping just turns the thing to crumbs anyway.

Thanks CT...coming from someone who saves lives as a vocation, I take that as high praise indeed.

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

- posted      Profile for Fael   Email Fael         Edit/Delete Post 
Bob you never did say if you were still sitting naked in front of the computer.

Now what kind of an image is that?

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

- posted      Profile for Bob_Scopatz   Email Bob_Scopatz         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a change of heart (without anesthetic) over the whole "sitting in front of the computer naked" thing. Let's just say that until the cat gets declawed, I won't be doing that again!!!

Posts: 22497 | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL

(You have a cat? Then I'm afraid we can never get together at you place, at least not with Cor present. BTW, I have not yet seen The King and I, I plan to go on Friday. Contact me if you want to go too, and maybe go out afterward.)

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

Bob
Now that's a mental picture!!!

Posts: 765 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
zgator
Member # 3833

- posted      Profile for zgator   Email zgator         Edit/Delete Post 
Any Orlando area clumpers thinking about going to the Beer Festival at City Walk?
Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Polystyrene
Member # 3612

- posted      Profile for Polystyrene   Email Polystyrene         Edit/Delete Post 
:: remembers posting a few times with a different username in October of '99... and that she'd been lurking for a year or so before that... ::

Blast! If only I'd kept the same username!

*sulks*

Posts: 1000 | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

zgator, we'd be interested, assuming that baby-sitting logistics can be worked out. Remind me...when is it?

How 'bout the Food & Wine Festival?

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Definitely up for King & I... sorry I missed your post -- see my e-mails and phone messages...

Anyway, I'm afraid the beer fest is out for us (Atkin's diet).

zgator
Member # 3833

Icarus, we just went to the Food and Wine fest last weekend. The beer fest is the weekend of Nov. 9 and 10. That weekend will be one of those times where my wife may or may not be pregnant, so she won't be going. I may be meeting some friends there on the 10th.

Bob, you know Michelob makes a low carb beer now. It tastes like crap, but it's there.

Posts: 4625 | Registered: Jul 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

quote:
That weekend will be one of those times where my wife may or may not be pregnant, so she won't be going.

What kind of weird alien freaks are you people?!

Storm Saxon
Member # 3101

- posted      Profile for Storm Saxon           Edit/Delete Post 
Heh.
Posts: 13123 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Yikes!!! Zgator, I think I might like an explanation of that thing about pregnancy too.

As for Michelob Ultra (the low carb beer), given that it IS low carb, it's actually pretty good.

Sadly, the beer fest is unlikely to hold much promise of variety in the "low carb" department.

zgator
Member # 3833

I can see now where that statement might be a bit confusing. We are currently taking the artificial route to pregnancy and so we know exactly what day the blessed event would have occurred. That day just happens to be today. So given the 2 week window where you're waiting to know, she won't be drinking any alcohol for the time being.

I will be quite thrilled if it turns out that my child was conceived on Halloween. Not that I worship Samhain or anything. I just like Halloween.

We are still freaks however.

Icarus
Member # 3162

(Bob, are you doing Atkin's Diet? If so, I apologize for sending you back to ground zero!)

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

Icarus... I'm doing the Atkins diet as of this week. Aura started it a little bit before me, but not to worry. We can have carbo-binges every once in awhile and just suck it up later, you know.

:P

I refuse to let healthy dietary choices get in the way of a good time!!!

(Except that beer isn't worth it to me.)

Anyway, I'm sort of undecided on this Atkins thing. It works great but it gets really boring really fast.

Icarus
Member # 3162

Well, the thing with Atkins is you can't be bad and make up for it later. You have to stay in ketosis. If you binge, you wasted the two weeks or so it takes to get there. Other forms of dieting are more flexible in this regard.

My aunt makes this mistake on a regular basis. She claims to be on Atkins, and so lathers tons of butter on her BREAD. (I'm not exagerating. Think 4 patties on a roll.) We all look at her like she's nut and she says "I can have all the butter I want on this diet!" We ask, "but what about the bread?" And she says, "well, I'm doing a lot of walking today, so it's ok"! There's no making her understand that she can't balance some extra carbs with some extra exercise on this diet.

BTW, why on earth is Aura dieting? She's not overweight!

Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

LOL @ your aunt...

Sorry.

Anyway, Aura is dieting because she wants to drop a size or two to fit into her better clothes. She looks great to me, but what the heck, she's enjoying her treadmill (go figure) and actually likes how she feels on the Atkins diet.

I on the other hand, can feel the lipids coagulting like SuperGlue in my arteries!!!

Leto II
Member # 2659

- posted      Profile for Leto II   Email Leto II         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
If only I looked as good as Leto. My life would be complete.

Awww, ya make me wanna give ya a big handshake-hug (you know, 'cause guys only give handshake-hugs to each other... two pats for manliness, too) when you say stuffs like that.

Gee, and I didn't even bake a cake...

Posts: 6907 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fael
Member # 3015

That's ok leto... He couldn't eat it anyway.
Icarus
Member # 3162

Get him a steak instead!
Bob_Scopatz
Member # 1227

GREAT IDEA!!!!

MMMmmmm Steak!

Designated Bumper
Member # 4487

- posted      Profile for Designated Bumper           Edit/Delete Post 
::bump::
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2   

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.