FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Buying OSC books

Author Topic: Buying OSC books
Mr. Toast
Member # 4973

- posted      Profile for Mr. Toast   Email Mr. Toast         Edit/Delete Post 
Where could I buy OSC books in foreign languages. I've searched a bunch of places, but I only find people who say they're available, but never where.

Thanks.

Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Cassandra
Member # 4566

- posted      Profile for Cassandra   Email Cassandra         Edit/Delete Post 
have you tried amazon.com yet?
Posts: 594 | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kama
Member # 3022

- posted      Profile for Kama   Email Kama         Edit/Delete Post 
Internet bookstores of a given country? What languages are you interested in?
Posts: 5700 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

- posted      Profile for Miro   Email Miro         Edit/Delete Post 
I'd also be interested in any information that people have. I've been looking for the Spanish version of Ender's Game for a long time now.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
matt
Member # 236

- posted      Profile for matt   Email matt         Edit/Delete Post 
I dunno...my roommie bought me a selection of OSC's books in french, but she bought them while visiting Paris. (Seeing as I was a french major AND love all his books, this was by far the coolest present I've gotten from friends going abroad!) Unfortunately, this doesn't really help here...
Seriously, though, you can try going to abebooks.com. Once there, if you run an advanced search, you can select a specific country to search under. This isn't a perfect method (you may have to hit several countries that speak different dialects of your desired language) but it works OK.
Miro, if you search for "Ender" under the title, "Card, Orson Scott" under author, and "Spain" as the country, you'll find multiple books up for sale.
Great topic, btw; I'm always interested in how many people read favorite authors of theirs in other languages.

Posts: 148 | Registered: Aug 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
Find out what the foreign language titles are, then do a web search for those titles.
Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

matt - Thank you so much! [Big Grin] I went there and found a bunch of Spanish-language Card books, including EG. I've been looking for this for years.
Posts: 2149 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

You know, I ordered "El Juego de Ender" from a Spanish book dealer over a month ago and it still hasn't come. It was supposed to come within two weeks. The problem is to write the bookstore I have to compose something in Spanish that is actually intelligable. [Eek!]
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
Ask DB for help.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Miro
Member # 1178

DB=DavidBowles?
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

- posted      Profile for CalvinMaker   Email CalvinMaker         Edit/Delete Post 
The one and only.
Posts: 1934 | Registered: Jun 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CalvinMaker
Member # 2032

Oh, and congrats on reaching 600.
Miro
Member # 1178

Hmmm. I didn't even realize. [Smile]

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.