FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What happens to our Legume?

Author Topic: What happens to our Legume?
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
At the very end of Shadow Puppets: "...hoping to find some record of what Volescu and Achilles had done with their lost children." (puppets, 372) Yes, that is the very last sentence. I know that sometimes that hopeful feeling of suspense that leaves you to create your own image of the end result which you would protect to the death (or, at least, I would, you know how some people just can't let go), but sometimes, you want to know what happens. Does anyone know if there might be another book coming out as a sequel to Shadow Puppets? And on the virtual battle school here, does OSC read the threads? All of them? Maybe I could wave a big red flag around and call the thread, "Yo, Orson! I have a question!!" But he might take it offensively...
Maybe everyone on hatrack (who wanted to) could continue Shadow Puppets right where it left off on a thread designed specifically for continuation. I think that it would be kind of neat, and we could all agree on who would create the thread so that we don't have 5 different ones. I'm not going to create one right now because I don't know if anyone will want to do it.

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

[ August 21, 2003, 06:02 PM: Message edited by: wieczorek ]

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mikal
Member # 5564

- posted      Profile for Mikal   Email Mikal         Edit/Delete Post 
OSC is writing a sequel to shadow puppets called shadow of the giant, though no release date has been set. After that there is supposed to be a "link book" which takes place after children of the mind, which will tie together the ender and shadow series. There has been lots of speculation as to how that will be done, but im to lazy to write it all down. bactrack through some older threads to see what the various theories are.
Posts: 41 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wieczorek
Member # 5565

- posted      Profile for wieczorek   Email wieczorek         Edit/Delete Post 
I really hope that this Shadow of the Giant comes out soon! I'm sure that it's a LITTLE difficult for someone to work on preparing a script, answering people on forums when you can, writing a book or two, AND finding time to be with your family, but...it doesn't hurt to hope... [Blushing]

"Remember, the enemy's gate is down"

Posts: 667 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.