FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » A little downcast

Author Topic: A little downcast
Proteus
Member # 794

- posted      Profile for Proteus   Email Proteus         Edit/Delete Post 
I recently came to an odd conclusion lately. I've been writing here, across the river and on VBS for about three years now and yet i don't really know anyone in the sense that many of you know each other. I stumbled on the pictures site and realised that while many of you US Hatrackers and VBSers have met each other and have been to many conventions etc; i in the UK am quite detatched from it all. I doubt any of you even know what i look like, or if many of those i first met are still here and those new know who i am. That's it i guess; i don't think it's wrong to feel a little jealous every once in a while.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
Amira is in England, and there are a handful of Hatrackers on the continent as well.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
Proteus, it's not wrong at all. It took me three years to get comfortable enough to post enough for people to actually get to know me a little. During that time, I also noticed how everyone seemed to know each other intimately etc...if you're ever on AIM, you'll get to know some people too.

If it makes you feel any better, I think it would be MUCH cooler to have a hatrack get together in England than anywhere in the US. [Smile] We'll meet one of these days...

Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
I went to Endercon but never posted on Hatrack until this past year. And then I felt like everyone was chummier than me. Of course, chumminess is a relational trait, can one really be chummy on their own?
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

It's not so much lack of comfort or 'chumminess' i think it stems from that I'll quite possibly never meet the faces behind the names. And that there'll never be an Endercon in the UK. Unless there is and i just don't know about it.
Posts: 200 | Registered: Mar 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Noemon
Member # 1115

- posted      Profile for Noemon   Email Noemon         Edit/Delete Post 
So why don't you get together with the other British Hatrackers? Amira isn't the only one. Help me out folks, who else is from England. Tristian is, isn't he? Who else? There was a guy from Ireland, I know that, but I can't remember who it was right now.
Posts: 16059 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Jebus is from Ireland, Tristan is from Sweden. Anna might be from England.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tristan
Member # 1670

- posted      Profile for Tristan   Email Tristan         Edit/Delete Post 
Anna is from France, I believe. StigLarson is British.
Posts: 896 | Registered: Feb 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
I was thinking after I posted that Anna might be from France. Is it Annie who's from England? Or am I just totally wrong as usual?
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

Annie's from Montana. I should probably just shut up now.
Narnia
Member # 1071

- posted      Profile for Narnia           Edit/Delete Post 
You're just adding glamour Pop! You can say that I live in Italy and I won't contradict you. [Smile]
Posts: 6415 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh cool! Can we say I live in Switzerland? [Wink]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Proteus
Member # 794

C'mon give it another year and we can have a European HatrackCon!

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.