FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Feed the Baby of Love

Author Topic: Feed the Baby of Love
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anybody know if "Feed the Baby of Love Many Beans or Perish in the Flames of Hell" copyright (c) 1990 by Greg Johnson is available anywhere for purchase?
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
How is that different than this?

Feed the Baby

Is what you're seeking a book, or a screenplay, or an article, or just exactly what?

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Amka
Member # 690

- posted      Profile for Amka   Email Amka         Edit/Delete Post 
Orson Scott Card wrote a short story called Feed the Baby of Love. I haven't read it, but I have heard it on an audio book. It is in my library, and I want to say it is called "The Elephant's of Poznan and Other Stories" but I can't even find that title anywhere.

The Elephants of Poznan and Feed the Baby of Love are both fantastic stories.

Posts: 3495 | Registered: Feb 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, I should have been more specific.

I am looking for the game "Feed the Baby of Love Many Beans or Perish in the Flames of Hell", which is the game that they playe in Card's story "Feed the Baby of Love"

One of the publications of the short story had the following note:

NOTE: The story "Feed the Baby of Love" is copyright (c) 1991 by Orson Scott Card. The game "Feed the Baby of Love Many Beans or Perish in the Flames of Hell" is copyright (c) 1990 by Greg Johnson. All quotations and game features depicted in this story are used by permission of the gamewright. The lyrics to "The Baby of Love" by Rainie Pinyon are used with the consent of the copyright holder.

So has anybody ever seen this game? I cannot find any reference of it outside of the story.

Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
docmagik
Member # 1131

- posted      Profile for docmagik   Email docmagik         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the deal...

The game is real, and was created by Greg Johnson (creater of the Toejam and Earl game they used to have on Sega.) It's never been published, but if the movie ever gets made, the game will probably be published at that time (especially if the movie is a hit).

As a wink-wink inside joke, OSC also credited the song lyrics to Rainie, even though she is a fictional character and those lyrics were actually written by OSC.

Posts: 1894 | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

Argh! Not the answer I was looking for. Oh, well.

I guess that OSC wrote a screenplay based on the story, right? Has anything beyond that happened. Feed the Baby of Love is one of my favorite OSC short stories.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.