FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Any more books in the BEAN series after shadow puppets?

Author Topic: Any more books in the BEAN series after shadow puppets?
AdmiralChamrajnagar
Member # 6048

- posted      Profile for AdmiralChamrajnagar   Email AdmiralChamrajnagar         Edit/Delete Post 
i just finished SP and it was good, and it felt like the series was over. But i sure would like another book, and i was wonderign if u guys knew if ther would be another one? [Big Grin] also, im reading speaker for the dead, and i was wondering, ,how is it that ender traveled 3 thousand years into the future? i thought it would be a 100 years or so earth time? im confused [Wall Bash]

[ December 25, 2003, 01:10 PM: Message edited by: AdmiralChamrajnagar ]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
The next book in the Bean series is Shadow of a Giant, no word as to when it will come out.

Ender manages to stay alive for 3000 years by using travel at near the speed of light. I don't know how much you know about physics, but bascially as your velocity approaches the speed of light your time moves slower than the rest of the universe's. So Ender's 15 years or so were spent at very high velocities (much of the time) as the rest of the universe chugged on at a normal pace.

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Beazer
Member # 6049

- posted      Profile for Beazer   Email Beazer         Edit/Delete Post 
Brilliantly stated.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
AdmiralChamrajnagar
Member # 6048

- posted      Profile for AdmiralChamrajnagar   Email AdmiralChamrajnagar         Edit/Delete Post 
thnx
Posts: 3 | Registered: Dec 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hobbes
Member # 433

- posted      Profile for Hobbes   Email Hobbes         Edit/Delete Post 
No problems (thanks Beazer by the way [Blushing] )

And both of you, welcome to Hatrack [Big Grin] [Cool] [Big Grin]

Hobbes [Smile]

Posts: 10602 | Registered: Oct 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The official works in progress link [Monkeys]
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FSUFanatic
Member # 6129

- posted      Profile for FSUFanatic   Email FSUFanatic         Edit/Delete Post 
Question. It doesn't say Shadow of a Giant under the works in progress. What exactly does that mean? If you could tell me where to find more info on it, that would be great because I just finished SP and felt like i was left hanging. Thanks.
Posts: 2 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
There's no info on it yet, because he hasn't started writing it yet. He said at one point that he needed to wait and see how current events in the middle-east evolve/resolve before he'd continue the story. But he has other works in the hopper right now, too, so the next Shadow book (as well as its readers) may just have to wait.

Welcome to Hatrack.

--Pop

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.