FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Cover artist for Lost Boys?

Author Topic: Cover artist for Lost Boys?
dirigibley
Member # 6131

- posted      Profile for dirigibley   Email dirigibley         Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know who they are???
Posts: 1 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Farmgirl
Member # 5567

- posted      Profile for Farmgirl   Email Farmgirl         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you in America?

Because I think sometimes there is different cover art for different language editions, etc.

(although I don't know the answer to your question, because I haven't yet had opportunity to read the full version of Lost Boys -- only the short story version in Maps in a Mirror).

Farmgirl

Posts: 9538 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
I might be able to look it up somewhere -- but farmgirl is right. I'd need to know which edition. There is a US hardcover and paperback plus editions in many other languages. The Japanese Lost Boys just came out and I really like the cover art. It should be posted soon on the home page.

[ January 23, 2004, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: kacard ]

Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
The US Paperback edition is a horrible cover for the book. Makes it look like a cheap horror zombie children of the corn story instead of an intensely personal emotionally moving tale of family life.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TheClone
Member # 6141

- posted      Profile for TheClone   Email TheClone         Edit/Delete Post 
The only mention to any cover artist is Robert Crawford, but I'm not sure if he did the paperback edition, the one with the child-like painting of the crying boy.
Posts: 87 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.