FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Stone tables stage play

Author Topic: Stone tables stage play
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
I would like to know where I can order the text of the Stone tables stage play?

Thanks,
Ginette

Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

- posted      Profile for kacard   Email kacard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's not available. But if it ever is, we'll make sure to announce it here.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ginette
Member # 852

- posted      Profile for ginette   Email ginette         Edit/Delete Post 
O no! I wanted to translate it in Dutch and play it here in the Netherlands....Are you sure there is not one single tiny copy to ship overseas? Please?
Posts: 1247 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

No. Scott and has partner are going to be rewriting it and incorporating some new songs that were done for the CD. They will authorize no performances of the play until that version is complete. Yes, I have a copy of several different versions in my file, and you could probably find a copy running around out there somewhere, but no one is authorized to mount a production until Scott has completed the version he wants out there. Sorry about that.
Posts: 780 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Chris Kidd
Member # 2646

- posted      Profile for Chris Kidd   Email Chris Kidd         Edit/Delete Post 
KaCard

Do you think when OSC is done reworking Stone tables. that he will release the other playes he wrote.

[Blushing]

;O)

Posts: 513 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kacard
Administrator
Member # 200

I have no clue [Smile] Most of them are so LDS-centered that there is little market for them. But what will be released at some point are a series of one-act plays that are based on OSC short stories (though the scripts are by other writers) that will be produced in LA this fall.
Taalcon
Member # 839

- posted      Profile for Taalcon   Email Taalcon         Edit/Delete Post 
OOOoooh.
Posts: 2689 | Registered: Apr 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
. . . a series of one-act plays that are based on OSC short stories (though the scripts are by other writers) that will be produced in LA this fall.
*perks up* Where? That is, what playhouse/theater?
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Zoinks!!!

I hope we SoCal'ers will be informed as information becomes available. Mmm... Shindaplays....

Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LadyDove
Member # 3000

- posted      Profile for LadyDove   Email LadyDove         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely! I wonder what short stories and where they'll play? I wonder if Em will have a part?
Posts: 2425 | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Yozhik
Member # 89

- posted      Profile for Yozhik   Email Yozhik         Edit/Delete Post 
ginette, maybe as a consolation, you can still buy the CD of the soundtrack?

(I love all the songs on it... well, all except the ones with Zipporah; her voice is too "silly American teeny-bopper" for me. I like the voice of Miriam a lot better.)

Posts: 1512 | Registered: A Long Time Ago!  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.