FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Idea for the pre-Speaker Ender novel

Author Topic: Idea for the pre-Speaker Ender novel
Aeroth
Member # 6269

- posted      Profile for Aeroth   Email Aeroth         Edit/Delete Post 
So in this book, Ender and Valentine are visiting their second colony planet. Ender has written The Hive Queen and The Hegemon, but he has yet to meet Jane or become a professional speaker. So other than following Valentine around the universe and looking for a new world for the Hive Queen, the guy's got a lot of time on his hands.

Here's what I had in mind - in this novel, a sub-plot could be included involving the formation of the early days of the Starways Congress and the unity of the Hundred Worlds. Valentine (as Demosthenes,) Ender, and/or Randi's child could be key players in this, as they can do all the political maneuvering leading to disputes about the future of the independance of the new colonies.

Just a little idea I had.

Posts: 121 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Catseye1979
Member # 5560

- posted      Profile for Catseye1979   Email Catseye1979         Edit/Delete Post 
A thought I had is after leaving the first coloney did he leave secretly or openly. Ender Wiggen Governor of the first coloney, leaving his coloney would probly be news, so did the public know him when he arrives at the second coloney? If they do how do they react to them. Maybe they start reacting bad there so when he eventully leaves that's when he starts trying to keep a low profile and the human race begins to lose track of him. Just some thoughts to add to the above.
Posts: 147 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MidnightBlue
Member # 6146

- posted      Profile for MidnightBlue   Email MidnightBlue         Edit/Delete Post 
But they wouldn't necessarily recognize him since he's at least ten or so years older and there would have been another fifty or so years passing around him while he's traveling FTL.
Posts: 1547 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.