FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Diary of a Mad Black Woman

Author Topic: Diary of a Mad Black Woman
mothertree
Member # 4999

- posted      Profile for mothertree   Email mothertree         Edit/Delete Post 
I finally read the review for this week, and it dawned on my that my in-laws had talked about this movie last month. They were apparently invited to a test screening. And while the audience was much as OSC described, they also noted that all the black audience members were dressed very nicely. Maybe that was unique to the market here. (Here = Salt Lake City).

I wish now that I'd paid more attention to what they had to say about the movie. These are the people who couldn't enjoy "My big fat Greek Wedding" because they felt it persecutes toast with no marmelade folks. Which is sad, because I totally think they have marmelade. Heck, they even have lemon curd.

[ March 18, 2005, 12:51 AM: Message edited by: mothertree ]

Posts: 2010 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.