FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » What to expect at the B&N class

Author Topic: What to expect at the B&N class
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering what to really expect at the Barnes and Nobles class that's on th home page thing. I'm thinking of doing it but I'm not sure. what really is it? Discussing the book and more?
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't the faintest idea, either. I'll show up and do what they tell me to do, and then we'll both find out what it is.

I think it's a fairly new program, so maybe it'll be whatever we make it.

Or maybe it's been going on for YEARS, and this was the first time I was judged worthy to participate ...

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Suri-cool
Member # 7599

- posted      Profile for Suri-cool   Email Suri-cool         Edit/Delete Post 
Ha that'll be fun, I'm joining.
Posts: 86 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
macnewbold
Member # 7660

- posted      Profile for macnewbold   Email macnewbold         Edit/Delete Post 
I signed up too, also not knowing what it will be like... I'm also still waiting for my copy of the book to arrive, which with luck will be tomorrow. Then I've got something fun to do in any free time I have between all the meetings this weekend.
Posts: 52 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sarcasticmuppet
Member # 5035

- posted      Profile for sarcasticmuppet   Email sarcasticmuppet         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't find the link to it...is it to late?
Posts: 4089 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
accio
Member # 3040

- posted      Profile for accio   Email accio         Edit/Delete Post 
Here it is.

http://educate.barnesandnoble.com/educate/bn/home/catalog/overview.jsp?productId=36828

Posts: 333 | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gryphonesse
Member # 6651

- posted      Profile for Gryphonesse   Email Gryphonesse         Edit/Delete Post 
schweeet...

signed up. [Smile]

Posts: 262 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I've been told about 400 people have signed up. So it will be like serving meals to people on a 747. Or maybe not.

I suspect that they hope it will turn out to be kind of like ... the Hatrack forums.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sartorius
Member # 7696

- posted      Profile for Sartorius   Email Sartorius         Edit/Delete Post 
The Barnes and Noble courses have been going for at least four years. That could be recent. A teacher of mine once applied the term "recent" to something that happened before I was born. They're pretty informal. Kinda like this place. Comfy like.
Posts: 152 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.