FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » If you liked Diggers and Angels...

Author Topic: If you liked Diggers and Angels...
Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

- posted      Profile for Brian_Berlin   Email Brian_Berlin         Edit/Delete Post 
If you enjoyed reading about the Diggers and Angels in EARTHBORN, you may also enjoy reading GREGOR THE OVERLANDER. I've been reading this book to my kids over the past two weeks and I'm finding that it reminds me a LOT of EARTHBORN. It's neat to see other authors use similar fantastic premises in their stories. Giant talking rats and bats (and spiders and cockroaches and humans) and prophecy and destiny and all. It's decidedly a kid's story, but I'm enjoying it as much as the kids are. Anybody else here read it?

It's got me wanting to read the Homecoming series all over again.

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ChaosTheory
Member # 7069

- posted      Profile for ChaosTheory   Email ChaosTheory         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree it's a very good book.

Have you read the sequal?

Posts: 163 | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Brian_Berlin
Member # 6900

- posted      Profile for Brian_Berlin   Email Brian_Berlin         Edit/Delete Post 
We're still reading Gregor... aloud as a family. When we're done, a sequal might be in order. Is it any good?

We do have The Phantom Tollbooth and Five Children and It waiting in the wings.

And so far this summer we've already covered Whales on Stilts and Half Magic ... all this is just sort of holding us over 'till Harry Potter comes out. But the kids do so enjoy being read to. It's amazing to watch them every bit as absorbed in a good story as they are for any television show or movie.

But if the sequal to Gregor is any good, we'll definitely get it. Let me know!

Posts: 116 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Do remember Peter and the Starcatghers - a great readaloud.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.