FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Today---Card came here!

Author Topic: Today---Card came here!
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm so excited.

Thursday, October 6th, Orson Scott Card is coming to Columbia, MO, for a book signing and lecture, because Ender's Game was chosen as the local One Read book. I get to leave school early! [Smile]

I'm definitely taking in my flash gun prototype drawing, and maybe my Wiggin and Delphiki family trees.

I got some people that I know who enjoy EG and other Card stuff to come, too, and we're going to try to meet somewhere. If anybody else here is close by and wants to come, I encourage it. You can see the schedule on http://oneread.dbrl.org .

I can't wait!!!

[ October 06, 2005, 11:05 PM: Message edited by: genius00345 ]

Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

- posted      Profile for genius00345   Email genius00345         Edit/Delete Post 
ADDITION: If any Hatrackers want to meet somewhere to talk or something, you can leave a reply here, and I'll keep checking back. Maybe we can all meet at the lecture and sit together or something?
Posts: 206 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ThePygmalionEffect
Member # 8649

- posted      Profile for ThePygmalionEffect   Email ThePygmalionEffect         Edit/Delete Post 
I just went to a signing of his at Lynchburg Virginia. Me and my bro waited until last cause we had 9 books, didn't want to make everyone else wait. But it was a great experience. Something I'll never forget, now if he'll only look over my novel for me. . .
Posts: 40 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
You can bring your flash gun prototype drawing, but please don't give it to me. I have no choice but to discard in my hotel room things that are given to me at signings. Much better to scan it and post it here for others to enjoy.

And don't wait for last because you have nine books. Nine isn't that many. Just move through the line at the regular time. Especially because at the end of a signing I'm so tired I just want to die - the LAST thing I want to do is chat <grin>. We introverts wear out. so the earlier you catch me, the nicer I'll be <grin>.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

LOL Thanks, Card.

Yeah, I read the "What to Expect at an OSC Signing" page, and I wasn't going to give you the drawing. But I wanted to bring it to show other fans/Hatrackers.

I won't wait, don't worry. I'll try to be there at about 2:00 if I can.

genius00345
Member # 8206

Well...he came today! It was great. He and his wife were very gracious, and even though I was number 105 in the line, he signed all 8 of my books and personalized two, plus took a picture with me and looked at the flash gun drawing.

When he personalized my Ender's Game book, which is very old and the front cover has come off many times, he was hilarious. It says:

To Alex:
This book knows it has been read.
Orson Scott Card

When I read what he had wrote, I cracked up laughing.

The lecture was cool, too. I enjoyed it.

Alex

Jay
Member # 5786

- posted      Profile for Jay   Email Jay         Edit/Delete Post 
And now you're real!
Posts: 2845 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OSTY
Member # 1480

- posted      Profile for OSTY   Email OSTY         Edit/Delete Post 
Alex,

Mr. Card always does a great signing. I am glad you enjoyed yourself. And those personalized signings are the best. They always me so much when you open the book and look at the signature and think of the converstations you had during the signing.

Posts: 224 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
genius00345
Member # 8206

Yeah, he really was great. I love the personalization, it just adds so much to the value.
Mrs_Smith
Member # 8732

- posted      Profile for Mrs_Smith           Edit/Delete Post 
I was there with ya genius!! I was number 78. I was the "Lady with the Baby" he had to stop the line before to explain about the movie for the second time... were you there???

Did you go to the lecture afterwards??

Posts: 13 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.