FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » OSCs schedule past VA

Author Topic: OSCs schedule past VA
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
as a member of the Air Force I have certain constraints on my time that would normally prevent me from going on a book signing journey, but i was wondering if an appearance closer to GA, even in Greensboro again, was in the cards for the relatively near future.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
xtownaga
Member # 7187

- posted      Profile for xtownaga   Email xtownaga         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm pretty sure book signings usually acompany book releases, so you probably have to wait until OSC releases another book, though once that happens I would be rather surpised if there wasn't a signing in OSCs hometown and/or the surrounding area, as it's relativy cheep for the publisher to do (no flying the Cards anywhere)... then again I may well be wrong on some or all counts.
Posts: 187 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't anticipate consenting to do any signings other than those already committed to. My writing and my teaching and my family must take precedence - and with the increase in my duties due to my work at SVU, SOMETHING has to give. Signing books seems to me the least essential thing. At least I assume that you'd rather have more books from me than have the existing books signed ...

My publisher and I both enjoy "one-city-one-book" (or, as they call it in Columbia MO, "One-Read") programs, and it's possible that one or two of those a year might happen, depending on whether anybody invites me (so far only three cities have chosen Ender's Game and invited me to come).

This isn't an "announcement," it's just a fact. There simply aren't hours enough in a week for me to lose whole days traveling and doing book signings when I have papers to read and grade AND books and stories to write. Not to mention a magazine to edit <grin>.

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.