FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Maps in The Crystal City and a question about typos

Author Topic: Maps in The Crystal City and a question about typos
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm reading the paperback edition of The Crystal City right now, and I'm wondering, why were the maps of North America not included in the front of this book? Out of all of the Alvin Maker books so far, it seems like the reader could've benefited most if there were maps to reference in this novel.

Also, I found a typo in The Yazoo Queen. Should I bother sending it to the email address on the site? Earlier I found a typo in Alvin Journeyman, and sent that in. K. Bellamy kindly responded to me about that, and mentioned that, "Unfortunately, once a book makes it to paperback, it's really hard to make a change -- just not worth the price to the publisher!".

That definitely makes sense, but would you guys still like to be notified if typos are found? Especially if OSC might compile the three Alvin shorts into one book someday.

The mistake was on page 147, middle of the seventh paragraph. I think 'yes' should be 'eyes'. This is in Legends II Dragon, Sword, and King. Sorry I can't cite the exact excerpt, I lent the book to a friend!

Thanks!

Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
We would indeed like to know about typos. And sending them to Kathleen is the best solution. Someday there'll be the single leatherbound volume of the whole Alvin Maker series, perhaps with thumb indexes and a scale model of a flatboat, and we'll want the typos fixed for that one.

OK, we'll maybe have a chance to fix them sooner than that ...

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hamson
Member # 7808

- posted      Profile for Hamson   Email Hamson         Edit/Delete Post 
Lol, ok, thanks.
Posts: 879 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.