FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Lifeloop!

Author Topic: Lifeloop!
DF2506
Member # 6847

- posted      Profile for DF2506   Email DF2506         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, I noticed on the main page that there is going to be a play called Lifeloop at Westren Universty college in Macomb, Illinios! I live near there, can't believe an OSC related play is coming here, and I was wondering if anybody here knows what Lifeloop is about.

I hope I get to see this! I'm not sure. I just found out about it, so I'll have to see if I can go Friday or Saturday! Man, it would be so cool if I could go...

DF2506
" Wishes OSC himself would come to this area too."

Posts: 128 | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Celeborn
Member # 8820

- posted      Profile for Celeborn   Email Celeborn         Edit/Delete Post 
I live about 2 hours away, so if OSC was actually going to be there himself I would definatly be there.
But...I'm afraid that a single one act is not quite enough to get me to make the drive.

And Lifeloop is one of the short stories from the Worthing Saga. This story is about an actress who does dramas on the lifeloop, a 3D tv-like thing that runs for several days straight. These actors record their memories and skip through time by means of cryo-stasis, doing a new movie every 5 or 10 years. This way they can keep making new movies for hundreds and hundreds of years without appearing to age. However, this kind of lifestyle for the actors raises all kinds of moral questions.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Somnium
Member # 8482

- posted      Profile for Somnium   Email Somnium         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I loved the short story, I wish I could see the play.
Posts: 42 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Papa Moose
Member # 1992

- posted      Profile for Papa Moose   Email Papa Moose         Edit/Delete Post 
Saw the play in L.A. last year. Awesome. I'd go see it again, though Illinois just ain't gonna happen right now.
Posts: 6213 | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Omega M.
Member # 7924

- posted      Profile for Omega M.           Edit/Delete Post 
How did they tone the story down for the stage? I recall that while nothing explicit was described in detail, a lot of explicit things were mentioned as going on.
Posts: 781 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
Those things weren't shown on stage.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JemmyGrove
Member # 6707

- posted      Profile for JemmyGrove   Email JemmyGrove         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds easy enough. My first reaction to the first post was 'How on earth could they put that story on a stage in front of people with everything it contains?'

Then I cought myself. The story isn't about nudity and could surely be told with none at all. I think all the important parts of the story could be told without showing anything inappropriate.

Posts: 270 | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
Ya i live about two/three hours from there in northeast Illinois but i didnt see the thing about the play until afterwords.
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
rivka
Member # 4859

- posted      Profile for rivka   Email rivka         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Orson Scott Card:
Those things weren't shown on stage.

Merely implied. And quite well! [Smile]
Posts: 32919 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.