FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Question(s) for OSC

Author Topic: Question(s) for OSC
cheiros do ender
Member # 8849

- posted      Profile for cheiros do ender   Email cheiros do ender         Edit/Delete Post 
Firstly, ignore my name. I spelt one letter wrong and made a complete fool of myself.

I was wondering about making a website, not a Xanga, but similiar, and actually paying for it so I get the good stuff. I was looking on Medicine Show at the website where you got the design from, and that's where I first got the idea. I was wondering why you paid for all these sites rather than simply making your own, or else getting a friend to do it for a much cheaper price?

Besides that, and this is aimed at everyone, I need advice on starting a website. i've started many freewebs before but have no idea how to do so from scratch, as I chose not to pay attention in IT class back in high school. Also, I think I've heard of websites/forums where you can learn this stuff for free. Could you please give me some links to these, if indeed they exist?

Thanks for your time people,
Mitch.

[ November 23, 2005, 09:22 AM: Message edited by: cheiros do ender ]

Posts: 1138 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TomDavidson
Member # 124

- posted      Profile for TomDavidson   Email TomDavidson         Edit/Delete Post 
Have you tried Googling for this information? I'm willing to link you to some tutorials, but you can get HTML design tutorials pretty easily by typing the words "HTML design tutorial" into Google.
Posts: 37449 | Registered: May 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quidscribis
Member # 5124

- posted      Profile for quidscribis   Email quidscribis         Edit/Delete Post 
Uh, yeah, they're everywhere. T'ain't hard.
Posts: 8355 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
novastar
Member # 8877

- posted      Profile for novastar   Email novastar         Edit/Delete Post 
an awesome free host is http://www.talkhost.info
you can get any help you need when it comes to making a website, they provide cpanel hosting with no ad's what so ever on your page.

Posts: 1 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.