FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Ok need confirmation on EG Movie

Author Topic: Ok need confirmation on EG Movie
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

- posted            Edit/Delete Post 
I just talked to my brother about the new EG movie we all hope if coming out eventually but my brother is under the impression that Mr Card is directing it, I'm under the impression that Wolfgang peterson is doing it with Mr Card doing some scriptwork and advisory position.

Just need a quick double check to inform my sibling.

IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
last I heard, the option was bought a while back...but the time allowed to exersise the option is running out. I don't think anything such as directors or writers are anywhere close to being finalized. OSC has mentioned it in a few places in the forum, you could likely find it if you used the search feature. I'm just to lazy to do it myself. [Smile]
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Speed
Member # 5162

- posted      Profile for Speed   Email Speed         Edit/Delete Post 
Or you could just check imdb.
Posts: 2804 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lupus
Member # 6516

- posted      Profile for Lupus   Email Lupus         Edit/Delete Post 
when it comes to projects that are as far off as EG, IMDB is more speculation than fact...and according to the IMDB EG site, they haven't updated their EG info since the start of 2004.
Posts: 1901 | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
the harry potter movies have convinced me that really really really bad acting by children can ruin a movie experiance, and now i'm sort of conflicted whether or not they could make EG good or not. i hate those kids.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

...?
Starsnuffer
Member # 8116

- posted      Profile for Starsnuffer   Email Starsnuffer         Edit/Delete Post 
I think what airman meant was "grr I didn't like harry potter because of the actors(resses)". And he doubtfully hopes that EG will find better actors.
Posts: 655 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joey
Member # 8742

- posted      Profile for Joey           Edit/Delete Post 
I think the Potter kids are just fine.

Anyway there are a few things confirmed. Wolfgang Peterson is set to direct. OSC wrote an early draft of the screenplay that's been rewriten.

However the film looks like it might NOT be made for soem time if ever.

Posts: 14 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blayne Bradley
unregistered

I knew all that I just wanted to confirm cuz I thought my brother may have been misinformed.

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.