FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Catan

Author Topic: Catan
imladolen
Member # 8901

- posted      Profile for imladolen   Email imladolen         Edit/Delete Post 
I was wonderfully thrilled a few minutes ago when i discovered that one of my all time favorite authors has recently started playing what i consider to be one of the BEST board games ever, Settlers of Catan. Bravo Mr. Card!

Just thought that I would add that this game has several expansions to it (just 2, so you dont have to worry about dumping tons of money to it like with games such as Magic the Gathering) that each add new levels of fun and strategy, and there is even an online version that can be played for FREE at jsettlers.com (this runs on Java).

Anyways, have fun and enjoy! And can't wait for that movie!!

--R Glenn Myron

Posts: 1 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
pooka
Member # 5003

- posted      Profile for pooka   Email pooka         Edit/Delete Post 
The Ender's Game movie or the Settlers of Catan movie? The other day I was saying that a good game movie would be watching smart, funny, jumped-up-on-sugar people play the game rather than actually trying to string a plot together out of the game.
Posts: 11017 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smitty
Member # 8855

- posted      Profile for smitty   Email smitty         Edit/Delete Post 
I actually played Settlers for the first time this last weekend - it was really fun, although the people we were playing with relaxed their cut-throat ways just long enough to let us win (I like to think it was my strategy, but I'm not quite that gullible - I assume if we had the time for another game, there would have been money placed on it)
Posts: 880 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aiua
Member # 7825

- posted      Profile for aiua   Email aiua         Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome, Imladolen!
Posts: 1215 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.