FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » The fusion of Ender & Bean

Author Topic: The fusion of Ender & Bean
arimarfue
Member # 8920

- posted      Profile for arimarfue   Email arimarfue         Edit/Delete Post 
Ender’s shadow was the first book I reed in Ender’s saga; it was though Beans eyes that I first meet Ender. At the time I did not knew there were other books or that the book I was reading was not the first in the saga. As I red the book, I kept waiting for the character Ender to appear; the title was Ender’s shadow, where was ender? It was one-forth into the book that I realize my mistake, but I figure that reading Ender’ Shadow would be of no harm; besides I wanted to know what was going to happen to Bean.

When I was done with the book, I had Ender’s game already ready to read. As I reed Enders game I started to realize something, Ender was a lot different than Bean had picture him. Bean’s character had Ender in a pedestal; every one had Ender in a pedestal. More than respect there was admiration a kind of exaggerated loved from everyone towards Ender (except Bonzo of course). From Ender’s point of view, I learned how much he ignored about what was going on.

Bean was always analyzing everything, thinking Ender was the same, but in reality Ender never analyzed anything. He had never questioned what had happen to Stilson or even Bonzo after he fought with them; he accepted the explanations that were given to him rather fast. I had always wanted for Ender and Bean’s worlds to collide together. I even reed the two books together. One chapter of one book and one chapter of the other book, exchanging every time. It was a good experience. When I saw something about a movie about Enders game, I was glad to hear that the two books would be merging together to make the movie.

I think is going to be very interesting and exacting to see Ender and Bean together. I do know that they are together in the book, but each book is a different world; in Ender’s game, Bean is only a sparkle in the dark. In Ender’s shadow, Ender is only a legend not a real character. I think it has been a year since I first heard about the Ender movie, and yet nothing has happen. I want to see it already.

Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
trance
Member # 6623

- posted      Profile for trance   Email trance         Edit/Delete Post 
I personally have doubts that the movie is ever going to happen. So don't get your hopes up. Don't get me wrong though-I really do want to see the movie too. I just don't think the movie biz is going to fully cooperate and take it out of this frozen state.
Posts: 112 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ramdac99
Member # 7264

- posted      Profile for Ramdac99   Email Ramdac99         Edit/Delete Post 
pluss, I would rather have no film at all than one that does a piss-poor job of it.
Posts: 484 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyperfried
Member # 7892

- posted      Profile for Hyperfried           Edit/Delete Post 
The only reason I'm for the movie is that A) It would bring some well-earned fame (As in more of it. [Razz] ) to Orson, and also that it might put into picture a few things that I had trouble imagining. For example, the monitor.
Posts: 53 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
arimarfue
Member # 8920

- posted      Profile for arimarfue   Email arimarfue         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I have trouble imagining the kids fighting in the simulated battle room, and putting their helmets in the entrance gate to open it as a wining ritual. I think that sound a little complicated, I would like to see that.
Posts: 8 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MOL 3Earth
Member # 8913

- posted      Profile for MOL 3Earth   Email MOL 3Earth         Edit/Delete Post 
yea the battle room i had to think about for a while before i could imagine it in my head, but it would be awesome in a movie i dont know why 'hollywood' isnt jumping on this it would make a great movie kinda spyish psychological thriller action or somehthing haha. i think the hardest part would be getting beans thoughts on the film, because he hardly ever spoke aloud at least in the begining so i hope they do a good job getting his thoughts across because i would hate to see a movie skip over that, it is the whole point of the book.

but back to arimarfue's comments on ender's and bean's p.o.v.'s i would agree. i started enders shadow first before not really knowing about enders game and i did find it interesting, how bean thought everything through and such. great job to card for writing both storylines i thought they were both awesome especially since it was pretty much the same story too they are both at my top book list.

Posts: 9 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Hyperfried
Member # 7892

- posted      Profile for Hyperfried           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, when it really comes down to it... If you take a really good book, like this, and put it into a movie, it tends to be crappy. You can't express their thoughts well at all, and there's always going to be details that people leave out. For example... the monitor. If they do end up making Ender's Game the Movie, my guess is, most of the beginning will just disintegrate. They probably won't be able to get Peter's role correct...

And then, they'd probably have to go all Star Wars on everything, or just cut the effects to a ridiculous minimum. It's not cheap to get that stuff animated, methinks.

Posts: 53 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TrapperKeeper
Member # 7680

- posted      Profile for TrapperKeeper   Email TrapperKeeper         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the whole putting their helmets against it was kinda corny. Be better to palm it, or place their gun inside a cutout for it
Posts: 375 | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.