FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Hart's Hope Question

Author Topic: Hart's Hope Question
Evie3217
Member # 5426

- posted      Profile for Evie3217   Email Evie3217         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I had been looking for Hart's Hope for a long time, because it was one of the few OSC books that I had not read yet. I finally found it the other day, and began reading. But I have a few questions.

When Orem is taken into Inwit by Braisy through the Black Gate, he is taken to see Gallowglass. Gallowglass has killed a Hart, and then touches the blood of the hart to Orem's tongue. Apparently, he is supposed to disappear, but he doesn't. My question is: why would Gallowglass want Orem to disappear? Is it just a cruel joke, or what? Also, Braisy and Segrivaun don't disappear when the hart's blood touches their tongues. That confused me.

I have another question as well. Wasn't Beauty supposed to look like her father's consort, Berry. In the final scene however, the book says that Weasel takes Beauty's shape as she transforms back into Enziquelvinisensee Evelvenini. That confused me as well.

Usually I understand OSC books pretty well, but these couple of plot points really made me wonder. Thank you!

Posts: 1789 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Joldo
Member # 6991

- posted      Profile for Joldo   Email Joldo         Edit/Delete Post 
Beauty sees Enziquelvinisensee Evelvenini's shape is superior to Berry's, and so takes that. It's in her confrontation bit.

I think he wanted him to disappear so that they could move more clandestinely.

Posts: 1735 | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.