FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Whatever happened to OSC's Ties with monkey island?

Author Topic: Whatever happened to OSC's Ties with monkey island?
Lucky_Sean
Member # 6223

- posted      Profile for Lucky_Sean   Email Lucky_Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
I love the series - I played the original as a child not a couple years after it came out and i was young then. It credits OSC as the insult writer - why did he no longer assist with the other ones - it kinda went down after the 3rd one [Frown]
Posts: 129 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
I was brought in as an occasional consultant with LucasFilm Games, and that's one of the assignments I was given by the real creators of Monkey Island. It was fun, but it was (relatively speaking) slight. I was proud to have the credit, but the really hilarious stuff in the writing was done by others.

It's all about the writers. If it went downhill, I'll bet it had something to do with a change of writers. If not, then maybe they had gotten weary of it.

Or maybe you just got older and no longer appreciated it the way you had before ...

Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lucky_Sean
Member # 6223

- posted      Profile for Lucky_Sean   Email Lucky_Sean         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Or maybe you just got older and no longer appreciated it the way you had before ...
Noooooo! I can't accept that haha I with to remain at least intact with my childhood self for the majority of my life. There were redeaming qualities in the newer ones I just mearly felt like it wasn't as fulfiling as the prior ones. Thanks for the reply though.
Posts: 129 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
aragorn64
Member # 4204

- posted      Profile for aragorn64   Email aragorn64         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, those games were great...at least the first two. Hilarious.

Yeah, and after the first two the games were handed to a new developer and new writers, unfortunately.

Posts: 290 | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.