FacebookTwitter
Hatrack River Forum   
my profile login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Hatrack River Forum » Active Forums » Discussions About Orson Scott Card » Possible relationship between Bean and Petra

Author Topic: Possible relationship between Bean and Petra
Black Mage
Member # 5800

- posted      Profile for Black Mage           Edit/Delete Post 
So, I've been reading SotG, and it really seems like Bean and Petra could have a relationship later on. I mean, right now Bean doesn't seem entirely capable of emotion, but he could develop to the point where he'd love Petra, yes?

[/dobie]

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrSquicky
Member # 1802

- posted      Profile for MrSquicky   Email MrSquicky         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know. I think, given the way that Bean and Petra have been portrayed, that would take some serious work showing some major changes in their characters such that they'd be willing and/or able to have romantic relationships. It's not like you could just wave a magic wand and *poof* they'd get together.

Oh wait...

Posts: 10177 | Registered: Apr 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Orson Scott Card
Administrator
Member # 209

- posted      Profile for Orson Scott Card           Edit/Delete Post 
People fall in love as much from proximity as anything else. When the biological alarm clock is tripped, "available" is a key ingredient in the romantic mix.
Posts: 2005 | Registered: Jul 1999  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HectorVictor
Member # 9003

- posted      Profile for HectorVictor   Email HectorVictor         Edit/Delete Post 
Uhh, maybe I'm missing something here, but they did get married in SP, and had the whole thing with their embryos being stolen.

Unless you're talking about after Bean takes off in his starship, althought SotG specifically states that Petra watched over her kids every day of her life, and she got married to Peter after Bean left.

Yea, now that I think about it, I'm really confused as to what Black Mage said, unless he mistyped and meant he was reading SotH.

Posts: 48 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

Er-hem, I repeat:

quote:
[/dobie]

Posts: 767 | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Icarus
Member # 3162

- posted      Profile for Icarus   Email Icarus         Edit/Delete Post 
HV's new, Joldo.

Hi HectorVictor! [Wave] Welcome. [Smile]

Black Mage/Joldo was making a (lame [Razz] [Wink] ) joke.

Posts: 13680 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

- posted      Profile for airmanfour           Edit/Delete Post 
and [/dobie] means.....
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
mr_porteiro_head
Member # 4644

- posted      Profile for mr_porteiro_head   Email mr_porteiro_head         Edit/Delete Post 
It means that the person starting the thread thinks they're being funny or clever.
Posts: 16551 | Registered: Feb 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
airmanfour
Member # 6111

ohhhh. maybe it was put there by accident.
Posts: 1156 | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
This thread explains some Hatrack slang for newcomers:

Hatrack Slang

Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HectorVictor
Member # 9003

- posted      Profile for HectorVictor   Email HectorVictor         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, that explains it MUCH better, thank you [Razz] [Wink]
Posts: 48 | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
Very funny Mage, and by the way everyone knows that Bean loved Petra, he just didn't talk about it or brag. After all he was the strong silent type. [Wink]
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MrMojoDriver
Member # 8852

- posted      Profile for MrMojoDriver   Email MrMojoDriver         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by mr_porteiro_head:
It means that the person starting the thread thinks they're being funny or clever.

even when no-one else agrees
Posts: 42 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

If no one thinks I'm funny, that's no reason to stop making jokes. I don't do this for your benefit, you know.
airmanfour
Member # 6111

Kids and their selfish inanities.
0range7Penguin
Member # 7337

- posted      Profile for 0range7Penguin           Edit/Delete Post 
dobie!!!
Posts: 832 | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Black Mage
Member # 5800

I am selfish in a good way, though.

You know, I must say it's a shame how this worked out. If I'd posted a question or speculation and OSC had responded, I'd have preferred it to be a better question than this one. I feel like I've wasted something.

On the other hand, my post count's steadily increasing. It all evens out.

Dr Strangelove
Member # 8331

- posted      Profile for Dr Strangelove   Email Dr Strangelove         Edit/Delete Post 
A friend who is reading the books (he's on Shadow Puppets right now. Well, will be when I get around to remembering to lend it to him) asked me tonight if Bean and Petra ever get together. I steadfastly refused to tell him. But I also told him to come on this forum. And so now he gets on here and the whole suprise is ruined because of you and your stupid dobieizing.

Just kidding. Well, it's all completely true, but I respect the right to dobie whenever the urge comes.

Posts: 2827 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Advent 115
Member # 8914

- posted      Profile for Advent 115   Email Advent 115         Edit/Delete Post 
This is getting to be too much, somebody delete this insane forum already... please!! [Confused]
Posts: 1941 | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CRash
Member # 7754

- posted      Profile for CRash   Email CRash         Edit/Delete Post 
Aw, come on, we don't get many dobies on this side anyway. I think dobie threads are hilarious, personally.
Posts: 973 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Hatrack River Home Page

Copyright © 2008 Hatrack River Enterprises Inc. All rights reserved.
Reproduction in whole or in part without permission is prohibited.